Thoughts on our new Pulsar

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Silversurfer21

Post by Silversurfer21 »

We have had our 1.5 Pulsar Tekna for 10 weeks and covered 2500 miles - The car is spacious and comfortable although the ride can be a little hard on country roads with the 18" wheels, but not a real concern ( more an observation). Fuel economy is in the mid 50's with a best of 72 mpg on one run. I am happy with this as we live in a very hilly area and it is not unusual to clime to 1200 ft on some of our driving over Exmoor.

We have had a few minor niggles with the car - The steering wheel was off-center on delivery and the tracking had to be adjusted to correct this. The clear film paint protectors around the rear door sills/wheel arch were not properly applied at the factory and had to be replaced. Recently we developed a loud resonance from the exhaust when accelerating under load which proved to be a loose heat shield. Not sure yet if this has completely resolved the problem or not - time will tell.

All in all the car is well designed with a very good user interface for all the controls and satnav. Plenty of torque from the 1.5 engine and with good economy the Pulsar is meeting our expectations and proving to be very comfortable and practical transport.

At this moment I would score the car 8/10.
1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze

Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

Silversurfer21 wrote:We have had a few minor niggles with the car - The steering wheel was off-center on delivery and the tracking had to be adjusted to correct this. The clear film paint protectors around the rear door sills/wheel arch were not properly applied at the factory and had to be replaced.
Funnily enough I had exactly those two problems with my car. I also had a lot of very minor, but annoying, problems that all seem to point to sloppy QC at the factory.

One that I luckily spotted in time was that the plastic wheel holding the spare wheel in was tightened up so tight that I needed a plumbers pipe wrench to undo it. The wheel was slightly off centre on the threaded screw in the boot which meant the plastic nut was binding against the sharp edge of the hole in the wheel rather than lining up with it.

I'd urge anyone to check theirs and realign the wheel, and also to apply a bit of grease to the threaded screw before you have to actually remove the spare wheel in an emergency by the side of the road.
Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Did you get the spare wheel as an added option, any chance of a picture of the wheel in position.
Thinking of getting one but cannot justify the price dealers are asking for including the luggage box foam.
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

No, my spare wheel came as standard. I'll get a picture and upload it later.

Photo of spare wheel now attached ...

Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

I brought new space saver spare wheel off ebay then ordered tyre inc fitting from black circles.
Lot cheaper than nissan prices, now looking for the foam luggage box but no joy so far. May try to make one myself.
The tray holding repair foam kit does not fit in wheel well space now with spare wheel in position so at moment just leave it in boot.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I've been quoted £250 for the full spare wheel kit from Nissan dealer. Seems expensive, but I want a proper spare wheel for peace of mind. I can't remember last time I actually had a puncture, but you've heard of Sod's Law!
gordybrock

Post by gordybrock »

Here's a good tip...do what I did, look for a Nissan Skyline space saver, exactly the same size tyre and fitment, I paid £20 for an unused one...and a scissor jack is £8...sorted! Hyundai Coupe and Mitsubishi are also the same fitment as Nissan. for example: £20 eBay item number:192041740383

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/nissan-skylin ... Sw4GVYQBiT
2015 1.5dci Azure Blue
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If you do get a space saver wheel it won't have the bit to store the tools in, as shown in the photo. I suppose the fitting which came with the car could be modified to take them, and it's a big saving for little effort.
gordybrock

Post by gordybrock »

Don't need the moulded foam part, the scissor jack, winding handle and extending wheel brace all fit in the well with the wheel no problem, I also store the tyre compressor in there as well. :)
2015 1.5dci Azure Blue
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Do the parts not move around whilst driving or have yo packed them in