Observation whilst trying to lock car

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

On Sunday parked up and missus puts her handbag in the boot,
I go to lock car as normal but all I get is car beeping.
So I go around and check all the doors are shut, lights are off and try again but still just get car beeping.
I thinks maybe fob or locking issue so lock the car manually with the key inside the fob.
Starts thinking and asks missus 'Have you got your car fob in your handbag'.
'Yes, why !!'
'Arr, the locking system is reading that a key is still inside the car so won't lock the car', I have the Nissan intelligent key system so just keep my key in my pocket and press a small button on the door handle.
Never occurred to me before but makes sense to stop us from accidently locking our keys inside the car.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

I've just taken delivery, and my missus would normally keep spare keys in her handbag too. She also locks her handbag in the boot if it's not needed so a bit of a rethink required on where to keep the fob.
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

Locking a handbag in the boot, or anywhere in the car is never a good idea, whether there are keys in it or not.
Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE
kt53

Post by kt53 »

She's done it for the past 36 years without incident. What do you see as the problem?
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

kt53 wrote:She's done it for the past 36 years without incident. What do you see as the problem?
I'd have thought it was pretty obvious really. Theft, especially if someone observes her doing it.
Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Most thefts from cars tend to be oppotunist when the thief spots something inside the car cabin. not from the boot.
We might as well not leave anything in the boot, spare wheel,tools ect.
But as I say better left out of sight ie in the boot.
albert.shepherd

Post by albert.shepherd »

How do I replace a lost key
kt53

Post by kt53 »

albert.shepherd wrote:How do I replace a lost key
Contact your local dealership.