Battery change

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
angand

Post by angand »

Hi everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

It's my first time to post in this forum. I am writing to ask a question about my Nissan, I have a Pulsar 1.5 dci of 2016 with almost 195k km now, but its running great. I got it with 120k km back in 2020.

I bought this car in mid 2020, and a couple of months ago it started to show Start/Stop system fault, and right after that also the cruise control buttons stopped working (although the same buttons work for the speed limit). A couple of times it showed also Key system fault, but not anymore now.

I checked it in a car service shop, and when they tested the battery it showed the message that it needs to be changed.

Already got an offer from the shop for a new battery, a Varta one, but I also started to look for it online myself as what they offered was a bit expensive.

I found two Vartas, one EFB and one AGM (which is at a higher price). Can you please advice me which one should I get for this model?

I also read that it is essential to replace the battery with the same version of the old battery, I dont know if it is true. And honestly I do not know what type of battery I have. I will attached a picture of it if it helps.

Thanks a lot for your help in this.

20240205_092218.jpg