1st Service

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The figure you quoted for service is the same as Nissan told me, so I assume it's a standard charge. I'd still be pretty p***** off if I had to pay for a service just 3 months after purchase. They should have done a full vehicle check before you purchased and could have stamped the service book at the same time.

cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

I'm not p......... at all.The car had only done 30 miles when i took delivery and half that mileage was done by me on a test drive. If a service was due i would have pushed for one,but taking into consideration that i had a "brand new car" at second hand prices for a car that had sat in the showroom all it's life! The allowance on my trade in was more than i had expected and it's going to cost them more than the price of a service to put right the scrapes and digs on the bumbers. So all in all i had a good deal
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If you're happy with the deal then that's all that matters. I had a pretty good deal too. Just under £4k off the price of brand new, unregistered Connecta 1.2.
danielk

Post by danielk »

cousinjack wrote:
kt53 wrote:Why is it in for service already? I asked about the need for a shakedown service when I bought mine in November and was told they don't do them any more. My first service will be after a year, unless I reach the standard service mileage.
As mentioned before,car was registered and taxed on the 1/03/2016 which makes the car a year old on 1/3/2017 from date of taxing/registration.Guess they
are basing the service requirement on time rather than mileage.Warranty/service requirements are usually based on miles or time whichever comes first hence the service at such a low mileage.,but my question was what have others paid for their first service?
Think in my own 1.5 diesel the fuel filter can cost as high as 90euro to replace
Liam

Post by Liam »

I have my first service due next month.

Was unimpressed to find the cost from my local dealer is £259 and that doesn't include filter changes!!

Going to do some shopping around over next few weeks...
danielk

Post by danielk »

No one says u have to service yr car at nissan
As long as you use factory oil and filters
Keep the receipts for warranty
In case anything happings down the line
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

Liam wrote:I have my first service due next month.

Was unimpressed to find the cost from my local dealer is £259 and that doesn't include filter changes!!

Going to do some shopping around over next few weeks...
When i booked it in last week, i asked how much? reply £159...then i asked if that was the best they could do? reply was that was set by Nissan and under the franchise agreements they had to abide by the rules !! Go back to your local dealer and ask why they are chargeing a £100 more than the Nissan main dealer down here in Pasty land ?

As mentioned you do not have to go the main dealer route for your service as long as approved parts and lubricants are used and the book is stamped by a bona fide motor trader (usually a VAT registered buisness) That was certainly the case when i had a Kia with 7 year warranty.
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

To be honest I thought the price for service was OK and it includes 1 yr rac and a valet.
Regarding the fuel gauge they said it's as designed, find 10 litres reserve is way over the top as it makes the fuel gauge almost pointless and destroys the range.
Bleubolt

Post by Bleubolt »

well it actually states u get 3yrs breakdown cover with any new Nissan, so the 1yr breakdown thing is b0ll0cks. I personally did the first service at F1 autocenter, just oil filter and air filter (my airfilter was wasn't required as I swapped it with a k&n) but I will take it for 2nd year service at Nissan and stick the original air filter back in. you can just go to the dealer and buy the correct oilfilter and ask garage to fit it, save yourself £100 !!!
Bleubolt

Post by Bleubolt »

and ask for the service stamp