1st Service

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Car in for service, it has only done 10500 miles and the front nearside tyre is down to 3.5mm !!!
I drive like a saint to get decent mpg.
Also got them looking at the fuel gauge as it reads empty when it has 10 litres left in the tank.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

It'll be interesting to see what they say about the fuel guage because mine is the same. Shows 40 miles to go but takes bout 34 litres to fill up.
AFoS99

Post by AFoS99 »

It seems clear when so many have found the same, that when the low fuel warning says that there is 40 miles to go that there is a further reserve after that. This is in the handbook. It states when the miles to go reads zero there is a small reserve. So approx 5 litres of a monitored reserve + 5 litres small unmonitored reserve. Of course the mileage you get will depend on the type of driving at the time.

Dave
Owner of 2016 Azure 1.2 N-Connecta
danielk

Post by danielk »

In the manaul it say tyres are cover under warranty,if there is found to be a defalt
Wort saying aboit
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Tyre wear almost certainly won't be considered to be a defect.
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

Just under 3k on the clock and going for it's first service this week.Been quoted £159,did try to get it reduced but was told that was the price set by Nissan and they had to adhere to it ! What have others paid ?

Car was ex showroom when i bought it in November with 30 miles hence the low mileage for service.Few minor niggles but i can live with them and loving the car.Very comfortable ride!
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
danielk

Post by danielk »

Out of interest what are they doing in the service
Oil change- oil filter - fuel/diesel filter
??
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Why is it in for service already? I asked about the need for a shakedown service when I bought mine in November and was told they don't do them any more. My first service will be after a year, unless I reach the standard service mileage.
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

danielk wrote:Out of interest what are they doing in the service
Oil change- oil filter - fuel/diesel filter
??
I guess it will be oil/filters etc
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

kt53 wrote:Why is it in for service already? I asked about the need for a shakedown service when I bought mine in November and was told they don't do them any more. My first service will be after a year, unless I reach the standard service mileage.
As mentioned before,car was registered and taxed on the 1/03/2016 which makes the car a year old on 1/3/2017 from date of taxing/registration.Guess they
are basing the service requirement on time rather than mileage.Warranty/service requirements are usually based on miles or time whichever comes first hence the service at such a low mileage.,but my question was what have others paid for their first service?
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall