Chipping / Tuning Box recommendations for Diesel

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
sharky

Post by sharky »

Just bought a 16 plate 1.5DCi Tekna with 18" wheels which look nice.
I have about 5000 miles on the clock, and am looking for a bit more performance, particulary low down and mid-range.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

I have been running a TDI Tuning box on my pulsar from a month after I got it.
Power is much better and really improves the car and the driving experience.

https://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_va ... 11522.html
sharky

Post by sharky »

Thanks for reply Mr Richmond, I have looked at Tuning Boxes, but then other places I have read suggest a remap, as this is individual to car. Having never "Chipped" a car before, I thought I would see what others have tried.

I'm fascinated by the "Backbox Delete", but will this fail the next MOT which is due in a couple of years. What does this do for performance/
Thanks,
Paul
danielk

Post by danielk »

Deleteing the dpf would be the way to go if u want to increase airflow true the exhaust
But theres probaly reasons why people havnt done this,,MOT probaly at the top of the list

These over the counter tuning boxs are doggie
Proper way to go is getting a remap,,which can be expensive if u want it done proper
All in all nissan made the 1.5 diesel for distance in mind and not power
sharky

Post by sharky »

Thanks for you input Daniel.
You are quite correct, the diesel was not made for performance, but I'm just looking to get a slight increase in general driveability. You mention the remap is best, but expensive. I'm worried that when I take car in for service, they might re-flash the remap if a factory update is available.
Paul.
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

A tuning box would allow you to still get it serviced without the worry of them wiping your remap.
The backbox delete wont have any effect on the MOT either.
sharky

Post by sharky »

Thanks for the advice folks.
In the end, I went for a remap at the "Powerstation". Wanted to stick with a well-known company.
Once remap completed, I couldn't tell the difference initially, it was quite subtle, apart from it revved easier.
The MPG hasn't been affected, as I monitor my driving from amount of fuel I put in the tank divided by miles done, still coming out around 58MPG.
The car feels 'Run In", the turbo surge seems to have been flattened out, but also extended, so I kind of got what I was after, more driveability.
Car is now fairly nippy when its just me in the car, and if I have a passenger or 2, car doesn't feel quite so docile as it did before.
Sorry, I didn't ask what the performance upgrade BHP/Torque would be, but I am happy with it now, but still be nice to have a little bit more...
danielk

Post by danielk »

What bhp are you runing now?
Out of interest