Sat Nav Map Update - Nissan taking the ****

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Mine arrived this morning - Connect 3 version 2.0

Car was only registered 1/3/17 but I couldn't see a reference date or number for how old the original supplied map was.

One thing I did notice was the reference to Here mapping on the case. I'm sure many of you will know that Here maps are used in a few free satnav apps for mobiles etc, and from what I can see, the Nissan Connect system has an Android back end.

Someone brighter than me might already know, but I'm guessing that with an .apk extractor/editor you may well be able to overwrite the maps on the Nissan SD, leaving the data part alone, and so have the latest map data whatever your system. Just throwing it out there......

Oh, and thanks for the initial post otherwise I would never have thought or asked about a map update, especially so soon after first registration.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Mine was registered in November 16 and the info about sat nav had 2013 in it, so I'm guessing that' how out of date the mapping information was. One thing for sure it wasn't anything like up to date. We went to Torquay in April and the 'new' road we drove along had been open for over a year. The sat nav showed me driving through fields!

As I've said before, I have a Garmin sat nav which has lifetime free map updates. I see absolutely no good reason why Nissan can't do the same, even if you have to log into a secure server to download, and need the vehicle registration information to do so.
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

The maps in both version 1.1 and 2 are probably the same but there maybe differences in the hardware on the newer car fwiw.
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

The Pulsar has only ever come with the Connect 3 system (that's made to look oddly like the Connect 2 system!)

http://www.fpro.aaanet.ru/connect/map-vers.htm

Nissan are just pants at their version numbers!
gezt

Post by gezt »

Got mine today, V2 . Happy with that and will put it in when back from me hols in Majorca.
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

Just looking at the app on my phone and it states " Some applications may not be available for your vehicle.Application availability is dependent on vehicle model,year and equipment level" Now my Pulsar is an Ntec and i received v1.1, what models have received the v2 ? Now if all the systems were the same then surely we would all receive the same version ? So if all those receiving the V2 have Tecna models and the rest of us have lower spec models that would explain the software variances.
Now i'll put my tin hat on!

Enjoy Majorca Getz i'm going there in September !
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
Deleted User 667

There is no difference between the Connect system in the N-Tec, N-Connecta and Tekna. The applications are bolt on apps available through the Nissan Connect phone app, but experience shows from my Qashqai that they never really moved forward.

You can purchase the V2 card online for every Pulsar model. I suspect Nissan will be sending out 1.1 cards that are in stock to 'older' cars to keep the peace, whilst offering those people with newer cars a V2 card.
Deleted User 667

Thanks to this thread, I just received my V2 card from Nissan GB. My dealer was supposed to be sending me a v1.1 card which I have yet to receive, yet Nissan GB got in first!

For ref, my car was registered 30th Sept.
AFoS99

Post by AFoS99 »

Got my V 2 card on Friday. After inserting the card and switching on the ignition I got a message that the system needed to update its software to use the new maps. This was done and the system rebooted.

Dave
Owner of 2016 Azure 1.2 N-Connecta
Moher

Post by Moher »

I'm recently bought a used 2015 SVN Pulsar unfortunately it didn't come with a owner manual . Getting use to the sat nav I came across a File name: Alerts_0913.ntq . Download lastest speed camera data cost information from connect.nissan . I didn't even know I had speed cameras alerts . What do I need to do next