Sat Nav Map Update - Nissan taking the ****

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

Agreed that Nissan are taking the "pee" I've been down this route with Nissan without success.Thing is we (nearly all) have smartphones with google maps. Hit Nissan where it hurts and use that for navigating and perhaps,there policy will change if people stop buying there overpriced product ! As for the Nissan connect that's a pile of crap and is a fiddle to get connected every time i try to use it, it says i'm not connected but the bluetooth is connecting every time for the phone, I find it all very frustrating !!!!
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Suggesting using smartphones instead is OK but there is still a cost involved in that. We all pay for a certain amount of data each month, and unless already on a tariff which provides high download allowance it will be necessary to pay more for the additional requirement. I also like the large onboard display and the information provided directly in the centre of the dash.
When I booked the car in for service I said that V3 of the software is now available and I wanted to be sure it was installed. There was no negative reaction to that, and it was added to the booking log as there are a couple of other things I want investigated under warranty.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Google maps uses very little data if you have it setup right. There is a feature that allows you to download map data to the device for offline use.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Collected the car from service and V3 is now installed. Talking to the person in service reception about the cost of updates if they had to be paid for. They also sell Kia and Kia charge £25 for the update. I don't think there should be any charge, but if Kia can do it for £25 why do Nissan need to charge more than 4 times as much?
BCH

Post by BCH »

I have v1 in my 2015 i would like an upto date one. Do the ones on ebay work ok ?
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Moher wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 am I'm recently bought a used 2015 SVN Pulsar unfortunately it didn't come with a owner manual . Getting use to the sat nav I came across a File name: Alerts_0913.ntq . Download lastest speed camera data cost information from connect.nissan . I didn't even know I had speed cameras alerts . What do I need to do next
DON'T pay Nissan ! That's the first point.

In one of my bored spells I was aimlessly browsing t'internet and came across https://free-speed-cam-updates.web2diz. ... n-connect/

Full instructions and how to update as well. I've also added National Trust as a POI file onto my system as well.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta