Fuel economy

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Klas74

Post by Klas74 »

The pulsar is one of a couple of cars I'm considering buying soon. I had been intent on getting a diesel but with the recent press coverage I'm concerned about diesels being taxed off the roads so I'm also considering petrol models. I intend to keep whatever I buy for at least 5 years.

So my question to current pulsar owners, of both petrol and diesel, is how's ur fuel economy? How much do you spend on a fill up and how many miles will it get you?

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Around town about 37 mpg, on a decent run just under 50 mpg. The most I've managed to get into the tank is about 36 litres and obviously price varies, but general concensus is that there's close to 10 litres in the tank when the guage shows nearly empty.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

My 65 plate diesel is zero tax and probably cleaner than most other cars on the road. Around town averages about 60 and my best figure so far is 79.1, which beats Nissan. I also went out for a little run up to Southport last weekend and got 73, with no motorway driving. I can't remember when I last put diesel in , but a fill up to full without being maximum, showed 480 miles.
If you're planning on keeping for five years then no car will be worth much then, I wouldn't worry about getting a diesel as all models will be taxed to hell, unless they're electric.
Rcp27

Post by Rcp27 »

On a resent day trip around Wales in my 1.5 diesel n-tec I got 98.5 average mpg if I can work out how to post the picture of my dash I took I will post it
sharky

Post by sharky »

I've got a 65 plate 1.5 diesel Tekna with 18" wheels. Only 8000 miles on the clock, but I can't get anything like those figures. I'm averaging about 58 MPG, better than I was expecting and happy with that.
I can get say 85MPG on shortish journeys, if I happen to restart the engine, as the MPG resets at that point and the engine will be at optimal temperatures.
Weight makes a big difference, get a couple of passengers in with luggage and car gets quite sluggish.

I recently 'Chipped' my car, hasn't affected the MPG it seems, but car now feels 'run in'. Not a night and day difference, but it is much smoother and revs freer.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

I reset all my gauges when I filled up on Monday.
I've covered only 86 miles - all just knocking about and probably hit 50+ MPH for about 10% of the time.
Average speed 22MPH, average MPG 38.1
That's from a 1.2 Tekna with the 18" wheels if that makes a difference.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
Horseburger

Post by Horseburger »

I have had my pulsar 1.2 since the end of March 2017 (2017 plate). I was getting anything from 20mpg to 35mpg on short journeys and longer up to 45 mpg. Now all of a sudden boom getting between 40mpg and 48mpg on short journeys and anything from 50 mpg up to my best 59.8 mpg on longer journeys. The tank must be a 35 litre tank as that is what was in my Nissan Micra 1.2 and filling up with the same amount.

I do use the cruise control quite a lot which must help.

I was thinking of putting a some fuel in a container in the boot and letting it run out and see how far it goes down but I suppose if it is 45 litres having 10 litres in reserve isn't such a bad idea.

I know the dealer said it will take a few tanks before I should start getting better MPG but didn't expect such a big change. Going to Cornwall in August so should be a good measuring stick!
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

I get around 40-45mpg on average,petrol automatic 1.2
The annoying thing is when I fill it up it says around 289 miles remaining and then I can drive say 100 miles on the motorway and it will still say 289 miles?
My previous cars would say 440 miles when full.
I think the tank is 46 litres(10 gallon) and when petrol light comes on at around 45 miles remaining,I can still only get around 35 litres in to fill it back up,so must be roughly 2-3 gallons still in the tank?
Madjack16

Post by Madjack16 »

I have the 1 5dci on local journeys i get around 57.4mpg but the short journeys kill off my overall final milage per tank. however on longer journeys ive clocked 77.8 to 81 mpg and am not idling along at that neither 😉
I dont pay tax and mine is a 15 plate. If you go for a diesel alittle tip dont get M@rri $0ns diesel i lose around 100-120 miles on a tank 🤤 dont know why. And reset your all fuel option after every fill up to get the best mpg average
Liam

Post by Liam »

I have a 1.5 2016 N-tech

I find my mpg really depends on how I drive, quick accelerations and the mpg takes a nose dive 40 ish mpg on a run, taking it steadily I can get 70-80mpg on average.

Having checked my trip I've averagely get 55mpg over the past 10000 miles. That will be a good mix of roads, lots of hills where I live and 40 motorway miles a day.