Uncomfortable Pulsar

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Interesting comment about the published information being incorrect. I have the N-Connecta model which is one step down from the Tekna. The information on the website refers to led lighting amongst other things. This model doesn't have that. I'm not bothered, and to be honest, didn't read the spec in detail until after I'd bought the car. It does indicate a rather slipshod attitude in the marketing department though.

Dave_S

Post by Dave_S »

Particulate Driver wrote:I doubt whether most potential buyers even know the Pulsar exists, it seems to have suffered from poor marketing.
I'm sure you are right, as until saw one in my local Nissan dealer's showroom, I was not aware of its existence.

Nissan's TV advertising has promoted the X-trail, Qashqai, Juke, and Micra, but never the Pulsar.

Can't help thinking it was a 'dip the toe in the water' exercise, and it will eventually be dropped from the range, due to a low take up.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

There was a lot about it when it was announced. The big selling point was supposed to be the additional room in the rear. Apart from that though I only remember one, very low key, advertising campaign. I'm not complaining though as I got £4k off the price of a brand new, unregistered car. As I tend to hold onto a car for years the depreciation line isn't an issue for me.
bernie_pt

Post by bernie_pt »

I went from Citroen Xsara to a Pulsar, so the ride seems always hard to me (french cars are softer!) but I reckon that with the Pulsar I have a feeling of 'unfinished'. There are so many details that Nissan 'left'... Examples, some of these I had given in one of my first posts in this forum:
- why only one 'automatic' window (driver)?
- why the window and door lock buttons aren't illuminated?
- why the prev/next media buttons, when in radio mode don't allow for memory scan but only for frequency seek?
- why I cannot use the rear camera independently from reverse gear? On this subject, the dealer told me that it is a Tekna characteristic. But I own a N-Connecta, that already have the rear camera and a button (that serves only for setting the camera options). What would be the problem of using the camera? Often I park in hills/slopes (Lisbon is Los Angeles-like) and is dangerous to engage the reverse in high slopes. So I must park 'blindly'.
Definately about the Pulsar I had mixed feelings. The car isn't bad, city is NOT his world, but in motorways/long journeys is very good. Plenty of space.
My car has a life of it's own, when I start to appreciate does a number on me (preferably with start/stop).
biggles

Post by biggles »

Hi,
Just thought I would give my tuppence worth regarding comfort, my wife has a 56 plate 1.5 dci Tekna and it is very comfortable it has 17" alloys and soaks up the bumps fine ,I have not noticed any turbo whine and it is nippy. On a recent journey up the A9 with over a hundred miles covered at the speed limit 60 and 70mph the car returned 77.9 mpg and turned in 76.5 on the return journey. Mpg into the 70`s is normal on an every day mixed motorway and B roads with the overall average in the low 60`s. Overall my wife is very happy with the car and the comfort and the space as she sometimes carries quite a lot due to her job. Also just received the map upgrade with no hassle. I think the comfort problems that we hear about are always from unfortunate customers who usually are comparing the pulsar to previous cars, mind you the wife moved from a 118D Bmw with run flat tyres to the pulsar so that could influence her!. I certainly don't find it uncomfortable or noisy and like driving it when I get to and it is nippy as well, I drive a 320d Bmw on ordinary tyres so know how people can compare models. The one thing I do agree on is that 18" tyres are a pta I swapped mine for 17" because of the hard ride due to the low profile. Sorry to ramble on but my wife and I are very happy with our pulsar ok the are the niggles like the electric window switches, no automatic central locking etc but overall not a bad car.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

The 1.6 tekna model allows you to switch between 3 different camera angles, rear,left side and 360 degrees.
There are also central locking switches on driver and passenger armrests near the window switches, when activated a padlock symbol lights up on the central dash.
Rico

Post by Rico »

I could say it sure that the 1.6 dig-t 190 GT pulsar is a little bit hard for our back. Cause of the reinforced chassis and suspension. The chassis of the 190HP pulsar get more spot weld than the 1.5 dci and 1.2 dig-t and the 18 inch rims with low profile tyres cannot be much help.

For us, we find the pulsar confortable regarding to our old 4 wheel drive (hyundai terracan and toyota LJ73) . Taut chassis and precise steering, powerfull and low fuel consumption regarding to the 190HP. My seat is set to the lower position.

Regards
PULSAR GT 1.6 DIG T 190HP White, lether, 18" Wheel
Deleted User 669

Post by Deleted User 669 »

The standard Pulsars are amongst the most comfortable cars ; my wife reckons it is the most comfortable we have had so you have been caught by the version that was brought out with a bit more power as the "performance" model. Shame it wasn't made clear to you.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

My wife thinks it's comfortable too, as do I.
sharky

Post by sharky »

How about upgrading the suspension to Eibach springs. Not a particularly expensive option, I plan to do this soon. Suspension will be supple to start with, and get progressively stiffer.