Uncomfortable Pulsar

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Dave_S

Post by Dave_S »

Changing the springs is not an option for me. The car is only a month old, and a month into its three year warranty. Any modification would void the warranty.

Now that I have put a few miles on the clock, albeit still only 700+ miles, I have taken it well into turbo territory, and it performs very well indeed, and on the rare occassions you come across a bit of smooth tarmac, it's a nice drive.

Unfortunately, as soon as you hit a less than smooth bit of road, which seems to be the norm with our roads, it becomes a 'bone shaker'.

It should have been given a GTi badge, and Nissan should have been 'up front' with their advertising literature, regarding the stiff suspension, and the accompanying hard ride.

Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

^^ with that review, I cant wait to pick mine up tomorrow lol **boy racer still at heart**
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Dave_S wrote: Unfortunately, as soon as you hit a less than smooth bit of road, which seems to be the norm with our roads, it becomes a 'bone shaker'.

It should have been given a GTi badge, and Nissan should have been 'up front' with their advertising literature, regarding the stiff suspension, and the accompanying hard ride.
I'm so glad that I didn't get the 1.6 in the end. I actually talked about it with the sales guy when I was purchasing the 1.2, but he made no mention whatever about different suspension etc. His only comment was that it has a lot of power for what looks like a standard saloon car.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Just got my 1.6 DIG-T and driven it 50 miles home. I love it and I have held myself back as its not fully run in yet..... The engine, in my mind is a 'proper Nissan' as it responds as you would expect a Nissan to respond, where as the 1.2 (granted this was a Renault engine afterall) didn't and to me felt held back (based on my experience with one in my departed Qashqai)

However I can see why some of the comments have been made regarding the ride. The suspension is quite firm and because of this, the car behaves quite different to the 1.2 model, and ive got 17" (for now!!) alloys.

If the car is new, then things will take a little amount of time to break in and loosen up a little so you may find in time you come to enjoy it more, but it will still be a little 'crashy' because of the suspension.
Dave_S

Post by Dave_S »

Well that's it, decision made, and the 'deed is done' :)

I am going back to a Qashqai, having had two previously, and loved them, so today I ordered a new Qashqai Tekna DiG-T 163.

If the DiG-T 190 Pulsar had the same suspension as the 1.2L variant, I would have kept it, because other than the uncomfortably hard ride, it is a nice car, and the 1.6L engine , unlike the 1.2L, performs very well indeed.-

The Pulsar DiG-T 190 is, in all but name, a warm/hot hatch, without a GTi/ST badge, and not the family hatch that it is marketed as.
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

Thought I'd jump onto the back of this thread as looking into winter steels/alloys of 16 inch and keeping 17s for summer tyres. Are the 18s Runflat? Has anyone put Runflats onto their 17s afterwards as the standard 17s on tekna seem really comfy to me (compared to my old V70 that sounds like Dave S crashing order)? I'd think about Runflat going forward due to TPMS but not if they will be crashing over holes and bumps. Anyone?? Don't want to thread unless I have to later.
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

don't believe they are runflats, not even checked on my car, 18s on mine.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

All I can tell you is my 18's are Michelin. Couldn't see anything on them to indicate run flat - but given there's no spare it's not a bad idea.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

continentals on mine, will check tomorrow