Around View Monitor out of calibration

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

Has anyone here had their Around View Monitor, the 360 degree birds eye view one, go out of calibration? On mine the two side camera images seem to have moved relative to the front and rear and no longer line up properly. I have no idea how this can happen, as there's no damage been done to the car, especially the wing mirrors, but it's quite annoying.

My dealer says they can adjust it through their diagnostic system, but apparently it's a royal PITA to do, because you don't get instant visual feedback while you're doing it. You have to manually enter an adjustment in degrees, quit the diagnostics, reboot Connect, and see if it's OK. If not you have to reconnect the diagnostics, navigate to the correct section, change the setting again, disconnect, reboot etc. etc.

If it's such a pain to do, I'm wondering if the end result is likely to be satisfactory or whether i should just learn to live with it .. what do you think?

IMG_20170713_113836_cr.jpg

Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE

kt53

Post by kt53 »

If the car is still under warranty get it sorted. The fact that it's a PITA isn't your problem.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

^^ agreed
OscarValverde

Post by OscarValverde »

Hi. Have you got any solution of this? I´ve got the same problem but my view is worse than your view and the dealers says me that is normally. I´m anoying with this problems. Since i bought the car i´ve got problems with the cameras. At the beginning the dead angle detector stopped working and they had to calibrate the cameras because it is controlled by the side cameras. Some months after that, the rear camera sometimes stopped working properly and even completely blocked my around view monitor.

9e86a17f-aff3-4e44-af13-a348d7c4970d.jpg

5fd4ba12-d6d6-4162-90ae-cb495d864419.jpg

Obviously, the problem was the rear camera. They changed it and the communication problem disappeared but at now, the around view monitor is out of calibration and the images of both cameras are not synchronized correctly. These are some examples of my fantastic view....

1fdb739d-98e3-4443-9400-5475d81a7e72.jpg

Double wheel? WTF??

bdd4c303-c005-4459-a77f-f6911b2a012f.jpg

Where are the blue and white lines in the rear camera?

I'm fed up. So much change and so much fix for nothing. They also tell me that it is normal. Normal? WTF? Can anyone put a video that all the cameras are well synchronized?