Service plans

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

My dealer contacted me yesterday (car purchased 3 months ago) trying to flog me a service plan for 3 years.

The price is £600. Incidentally, they have quoted the same price for my wife's Micra as for my Pulsar.
That got me thinking about how much Nissan would charge direct.
Trying to find a price via Nissan isn't that easy, only listing individual service prices. They seem to go out of their way to hide it and in the main refer to "contact your local dealer".

Anyway, I decided to go through the configuration options for a new car and see if it was listed there - lo and behold, £349 !!

Next step I suppose, if I can be bothered, is to ring Nissan and find out why the huge difference. No doubt it will be a super special offer only available when there's an X in the month or something similar. On the config page though, there's no mention of it being an offer, a discount, or any terms attached.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta

biggles

Post by biggles »

Hi, If you look back I started a thread a few months back regarding service prices as they jumped 20% overnight !. We were quoted similar prices at the time for the plan (£500) when we bought the wife's Pulsar but declined. Her first service (minor) cost £176 (now £209) and the latest the major cost £320, which from memory when we purchased the car the major was £276 ish. If you have been quoted £600 that's cheaper than 2 minors and one major at current prices (£738). If you want to check it out Google - Nissan service care.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Well they must be keen to sell this, because when I said no as the saving wasn't enough, and that I didn't need installments, the price is now £510.26 . Seems like a bit of a deal to me.

MIne is petrol, so 20 quid a shot less than yours and £60 less for a major.

So I'd get 2 x £189 + 1 x £259 = £637 for £510. Seems a good enough deal. Just going to hurt to part with a grand for the 2 but as my wife says, next service we'll then have to pay for is in 2021 !
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta