Air intake and floods (standing water)

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Whilst out waking in the storm this afternoon I came acorss several flooded parts of some roads.

Now, in the Qashqai, and to be honest, most of the Nissan's I have had in the past, the air intake has been high level inside the engine bay, either behind the battery, or in the Qashqai, had a pipe which ran to the top radiator support. Essentualy well out of the way of any standing water making driving through all but the most serious of flooded roads relitlvly safe for the engine... you would get soggy feet before the engine starts sucking in water.

Nowever, the Pulsar, I have noticed that the air intake on my 1.6 DIG-T seems to dissapear into the front wing behind the bumper - not sure if this is the same for other engines? Does anybody have a picture or diagram of the intake pipe setup behind the bumper at all? I would assume that this are is quite suspetible for water ingress making the Pulsar a little iffy to drive though standing water?

I know back in the day when I had my Primera P11, I reloated the air intake, and air filter to the same area and was well aware that the filter would sometimes be wet (although I wasnt concerned bck then due to having a automatic bypass valve installed!!)...