Pulsar reliability in What Car survey

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Liam

Post by Liam »

Hi all

Thought you may be interested to read how the Nissan Pulsar scored in a recent What car reliability survey.

It actually scored poorest in the family hatch class! :O with just a 48% rating.

The article can be found here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a ... le-5017573

Screenshot_20171026-234625.png

Happy (or not so happy) reading!

kt53

Post by kt53 »

It comes as a shock to see two Nissan cars in the 'Worst' category. Nissan has historically had a very good reputation for reliability. Unfortunately I can see why the Pulsar rated so low when the person in service reception said "the Stop/Start fails all the time" when I took mine in for service.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Its annyoing that they dont say WHY its the least reliable.... I have only had mine 6 months-ish, however compared to the Qashai which was at the dealers every 2-3 months....
danielk

Post by danielk »

The 1.5 diesel is dangerous to drive,,with its problom with loss of power in low revs
AFoS99

Post by AFoS99 »

I am surprised. Our Pulsar is 10 months old, bought from a car broker. Came in perfect condition and so has had no issues. I looks and feels well assembled.

I wonder how accurate or representative the survey is?

In 2015 the Pulsar was 90 something in the UK top 100 sales with about 2000 sold. In 2016 I couldn’t find it in the top 100. Whilst I feel sales will be higher in 17 (due to the big list price drop) it is never going to be a big seller. However, I got the impression from the early comments online that there were assembly problems at the start of manufacture. Isn’t that usual for new models?

Dave
Owner of 2016 Azure 1.2 N-Connecta
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

I always take these things with a pinch of salt unless I can see the full data. You just don't know how many are actual faults or how many are just a winge.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The other unknown is the severity of the problems reported. If loads of people complained about the apparently infamous Stop/Start issues, but that was the only problem experienced, that might skew results.
Silversurfer21

Post by Silversurfer21 »

We have been happy with our 1.5 dCi but had its share of problems. On delivery the tracking was out and steering had to be corrected. Dashboard rattle round aircon control/satnav surround and air con failed at 15k. All sorted under warranty and very happy with the service from our dealer.
Nikkinoel

Post by Nikkinoel »

Tired of taking mine to get fixed - it’s a lease car and I think I’m going to get rid of it
Air con issue last year - 5 months to fix and two hire cars
Seatbelt issue - another hire car
Off the road for 3 weeks getting warning lights issue sorted - second time in 3 months .
Got it back Friday night - drove it home
They are all back on again
I just despair and I’m paying a lot of money to lease this every month
Patience has just run out today .....
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

I am not surprised by this really.
Although the Pulsar is a great car I have had ongoing problems with excessive oil consumption throughout the 18 months I have owned my 15 plate Pulsar,8.5 litres of oil added within 10,000 miles,had it booked in at Nissan for investigation but before that date it broke down and now needs a new engine.
I am not happy paying £11,400 for an 8 month old car with 11,000 miles on the clock and spending ridiculous amount of money on oil now been told at 35,000 miles the engine has excessive wear and damage.
This is very poor imo and will probably get rid and move away from Nissan,which I never thought I would say as I have had many Datsun's and Nissan's throughout my 35 year driving career.
I have had 100A,120Y,Sunny,Cherry,Bluebird,Primera in the past with no problems whatsoever.
My Primera had 10,000 on clock,sold it after 6.5 years with 109,000 on clock and only put a new clutch in at 85,000 miles.
Never added any oil or water etc between services 100% happy previously.
I think the collaboration with Renault was a bad idea and will damage the reputation in the long run.
I am now having second thoughts on my plan to change to the Quashqai or Juke in the future now.