Pulsar reliability in What Car survey

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
datingdiva

Post by datingdiva »

Wow. I am amazed at what you have said because it looked as though I could have written it.

My pulsar eats oil and has broken down so many times I have lost track.

At the last investigation, I was told it needed a new engine! So, 2 weeks ago a new engine and now the keyless entry has packed up. Really fed up and can't wait to get rid of this car!

Jane

Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

I am waiting to have a new engine fitted at present but I have sorted a deal for a new 1.6 auto Juke and will be changing as soon as I get the Pulsar back.
It is a shame as apart from the oil/engine issue I loved the car but will be struggling to sell on in future if I keep it.
The 2 problems I have heard is the wrong size Pistons were fitted/piston rings fitted upside down.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

You're probably right about the resale value, but as I tend to keep cars for years that's not a factor for me.
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

I was also told that cars having new engines fitted have had problems afterwards,but in my mind it won't be the same.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

^^ My Qashqai had post engine swap problems. Oil leak through oil pressure sensor, and then the air con packed in. At that point I caved in and traded in.

Trade in.... didn't seem to make much difference with Nissan dealers. Not sure about elsewhere.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Silverurfer 21 - how did yo know your. Air con had packed in, please. What were the symptoms.
Silversurfer21

Post by Silversurfer21 »

This was last summer and I could not get any cold air through the vents. The problem was a fractured pipe in the engine bay and the system had depressurised. New pipe fitted under warranty and system regased. No problem since.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Thanks for letting me know, Silversurfer21