Depreciation

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Silversurfer21

Post by Silversurfer21 »

I am thinking of changing our Pulsar which is 2016 (April) 1.5dCi Tekna with 18k miles. Shocked to learn that book price is £9,900. We still owe 11k plus on our PCP. Our dealer said they would try to help on the trade in to get nearer the settlement value if traded against a new Nissan. We are looking to the new Juke which I am told will be here first quarter of 2018.
I gather that the Pulsar is a heavy deprciating model and being diesel does not help with trade prices. I am hoping that the value might level off over the next few months but who knows.

nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

A quick look about on t'internet would suggest that the valuation is at least a couple of grand shy. Sale prices for your model/approx mileage vary greatly (as do most cars) but seem to be in the 11-14.5k range.

Unfortunately, all cars suffer their highest depreciation within the first 3/4 years. What you're looking to do is unlikely to end with a great deal -
1. You're wanting to p/ex with a main dealer
2. A car still within it's highest depreciation period
3. Buying or negotiating on a car that's not as yet for sale so will be in it's highest demand period and thus no discounting needed.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Biggest depreciation is when you drive a new car off the forecourt. Car tax and VAT disappear immediately along with the dealer mark-up.