Just some observations

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
todduncious

Post by todduncious »

Hello,
We have had our 2016 Pulsar 1.5dci Acenta for six months now. Just a few observations to invite comments. Overall we are very pleased with the car. It was a May 2016 model with 11 800 on the clock, it now has 14 100 with no problems to date. It seems to be averaging 60+ mpg , (according to the computer), between fill ups a good 10mpg better than the similarly engined QQ+2 that we owned previously... not a surprise I guess considering the weight difference.

It is much ‘higher geared’ than the QQ+2 which can be annoying at times as flexibility suffers, but it is much quieter and smoother with more passenger space especially in the back.

Its biggest problem for me is juggling between 1st and 2nd gear. You cannot change from 1 to 2 too early or it is just ‘strangled’. Yet back down to 1 and it seems to be needing to change up! Get into 3 and you’re away though.

Original Continental tyres might be needing replaced on the front.

There also is a background whine that appears around 1500 rpm especially when the car is cold. It fades as the car warms up but I’m not sure it ever totally disappears.

Nothing else to say really ...long may it continue. I’ll just keep an ear on the whine but I guess the low gear thing is just a trait of the car.

Any comments greatfully received.

Regards. :)

_Victoria_

Post by _Victoria_ »

From what I've read, the original tyres wear out quickly.
I've read that about the Qashqai.
When I was looking to buy mine, I was going to have a look on a car at around 50 000 km ( 30 000 miles) and two seasons of driving the Contis and the dealer said the tyres would need changing.
Mine had their third season this year, but when they were fitting them, they told me this will be their last. The car was at around 45 000 km (28 000 miles) then.

I also find shifting gears a bit tricky sometimes. As if it was easier on my old Almera.
danielk

Post by danielk »

Ive a 2017 plate diesel pulsar here in ireland
What ive found so far is gearing between 1 and second
U really have to floor it in first cause if yr not full trottle changeing to second can and will be a nightmare,,,no power what so never in second gear in low revs
Ive even carred my pulsar back to the mean dealer thinking it has to be a flaut
But from reading posts true this forum it seems the normal about these cars

As for the wine when the engine is cold that is just yr turbo spining up on cold oil
I allways let my car seat for a min or two before driving

Hope this helps
Happy driving :)