Intelligent key

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Leeme2

Post by Leeme2 »

When I get out the can and try and open the back door to get my son out the door is locked and I need to use the key buttons to unlock the back door and boot. Is there a way around this shouldn’t the whole car be unlocked when I open my driver door?

nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Mine opens all doors with the driver's door. I can't remember seeing a setting anywhere that would need changing. Only thing I know is you can unlock just the boot rather than all the doors by pressing the 2nd button on the boot release.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

think there is a setting in the system that can be changed, will check and report back
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I seem to remember something in the handbook about pressing unlock twice to unlock all doors under certain circumstances. If the system is configured that way there would be a logic in the other doors still being locked if the button had only been pressed once. I assume the doors weren't locked though when the child was put in the back originally. It doesn't seem right and I would be inclined to speak to the dealership. It could certainly put people at risk in the event of an accident.
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

Press the door handle button twice within 1 minute (maybe 2nd when the door is open otherwise it'll lock I think) the Pathfinder video says. I can't remember what my dealer told me.
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams
biggles

Post by biggles »

Hi,
It is in the settings on the main screen, you can set it so it unlocks all the doors or just the drivers door. I set the wife's to just the drivers for safety then changed it back to all doors as it was a pain in the ass when we went out together as she had to unlock the door from the inside. Why the couldn't have had speed sensitive door locking like her BMW I don't know the pulsar lacks in some basic programming of the electronics to make life easier.
Hope this helps.