Problems starting in the cold.....battery?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
BCH

Post by BCH »

;)

keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

I've held off updating because of further problems.

The new battery was fitted but the next morning starting was still a problem; here's a video:

https://s.amsu.ng/pg4sec6rbxhn

I took it back to Nissan who have now diagnosed faulty glow plugs, which are being replaced under warranty.

I'm carless again until tomorrow, but at least it's being sorted.
BCH

Post by BCH »

What battery did they fit ?
keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

It was a black box with no makers identification at all. Not even a Nissan mark that I could see.

It only had the a single strip of paper with the '70ah 720A' current info written on it, the same specs as the FIAMM battery stated on it's label.
BCH

Post by BCH »

Cheers Keithbrown53
keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

I've got the car back now, and it started fine this morning at 1 degree....we'll see what happens when the temps drop below freezing again.
BCH

Post by BCH »

Well that's it sick of jump starting my car now. Just been to the shop all ok 6 miles there and back. Got back in it 30 minutes later and adjust clicking. Jump startered it and ok. I was going to get a new battery but I phoned my local Nissan garage and told them the problem. Now booked it on the kin 5 February. Let's hope I get a new battery out of them they didn't seem to know of a fault when talking to them.
keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

Here's a photo of the dodgy battery I had. Does yours have the same identifying numbers on it? If so, it's the same batch a fitted in the Qashqai's, and they should know all about it:

https://s.amsu.ng/hje0nq0cff1n
BCH

Post by BCH »

Exactly the same as mine
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

I have those problems too.

Got a appointment with my local stealership on the 22nd.

My battery is F***ed and I have to charge it every night with a battery charger to stop it from going flat in the cold weather.