Nissan ends Pulsar production

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
HillBill

Post by HillBill »

Lousy marketing - it is the only car which is short enough to be a city car but provides a HUGE interior size. I'm 201cm tall, and even my tall friends can sit behind me, still leaving a significant leg space!

They should had marketed like this, it would have been an instant win
--
2017 1.6Dig-T Acenta

kt53

Post by kt53 »

The rear seat space was one of the big attractions for me, because with most cars of its size there was hardly any when I had the driving seat in a comfortable position.
Swe

Post by Swe »

I had the same conclusion as you, but now I have noticed that the front seat adjustment is not enough for me. The rear legrom allows further adjustment of the chair. Intend to move chair backwards 2-3 ". Any other??
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Last edited by Particulate Driver on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Particulate Driver

Planning on keeping my dci teckna for many years to come - my previous car was an Almera which I had for 9 years. It’s all academic to me, I don’t fancy paying road tax anytime soon.
The pulsar’s launch was totally mishandled by Nisssan and the motoring press are obsessed with vw et al. Whoever runs Nissan’s marketing department wants shooting, it’s the best car no-one’s heard of.
HillBill

Post by HillBill »

"it’s the best car no-one’s heard of."

Indeed!

And with 1.6's 190hp, it's also a very neat sleeper ;)
--
2017 1.6Dig-T Acenta
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

I would not be too woried about parts. Desipte Nissan droppign the car, ive actually seen an increasing number of Pulsar's on the road so parts should be available for a good amount of time. In reality, the Pulsar probably did just as well as the outgoing Almera and wasnt a problem getting parts for tht.

1.6 DIIG-T's appear to be rare (a bit like the DIG-S engine in the Micra) and didnt sell all that well fitted to the Pulsar, however this engine sold VERY well in the Juke in this country and the US so not to worry there either.
Particulate Driver

They reckon you should be able to get parts for any car up to10 years after production ceases. They’ll sell them off cheap which will put more on the road.