12 Things That "Annoy" Me About The Pulsar

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

When I say "annoy" I mean in comparison to previous cars. A couple of the "issues" should actually be addressed, and a couple are just me being a picky b@st@rd lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WfQvClGJIk

Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Please read this as a constructive response rather than me 'having a dig' ;) Sometimes I lack subtleness

In short:
You seem to like comparing to the Leon… maybe you should have kept with that brand/model. In addition, a good solid road test and research would have identified most of these issues before purchase. Some of the issues identified are not really issues, but design choices by Nissan and have not changes in many many years and could be argued ‘specific to the brand’.

Re point 11... RTFM! ;) More info below.

Per issue response
1. Auto wipers: Agreed - it often has a mind of its own. Completely annoying!

2. One touch windows: Nissan as far as I am aware have never offered one touch windows on anything but the drivers side. Thank yourself lucky you have that. My K13 Micra doesn’t (now THATs annoying!)

3. Indicator auto turn off: I don’t really understand why this is an issue and why Nissan need to address it? Nissan's have always behaved in the way you are describing. Its an auto cancel feature, it has to have some sort of cancel at some point! I have limited experience with other makes, but if I recall they all cancelled once you go past a certain point on the wheel.

4. Autolock is removed from nearly all manuf's on their new models due to a law (I tried to find the link, but cant find it) to try and prevent people getting unknowingly locked into a car and unable to get out during a crash, unless they had evidence that the system could unlock the doors during a crash which could affect the doors. This feature removal is not limited to Nissan, or the Pulsar.

However this is where the water gets a little muddy and could be the reason for confusion over this subject . DRL's are a perfect example of this. The law on DRL's came into effect in 2011, however if you look at the K13 Micra, even with the face lift they didn’t retro fit DRL's to that model, and it wasn’t until 2017 with the K14 that the Micra was fitted with DRL's. This is why you may have had 'newish' cars with auto lock fitted as it was allowed when the car was originally designed.

The Qashqai J11 original ‘pre production’ spec stated it would come with auto lock doors, however the feature was deleted from the final run. It upset a few people, enough for them to make complaint on the QQ forums via their keyboards!

5. Arm rest - I actually thought the slidy one was standard on Tekna.... it’s on my Ntec but I think it was retro fitted as it was a demo car. Unless Nissan changed the goal posts again of course which is not unusual! In your case, it’s technically not actually an arm rest, it’s just a cover for the centre console box!

6. Water jets seem fine on my Pulsar and crucially work well at motorway speed…. Saying that the Qashqai J11 was better

7. It’s a little picky, however a true criticism is that the gear indicator does seem a little eager for you to change in my 1.6. Not sure if its engine specific or model specific, but the Qashqai 1.2 was a little more realistic in terms of change suggestions.

8. Ambient lighting…. Had this in my Qashqai and I don’t miss it. Just something else to go wrong. Not difficult to retrofit if you really miss it though! Have you noticed the red light emitting from under the rear view mirror yet illuminating the ignition button area yet?

9. Heating control. Agreed. Turn dial in Qashqai was better and I often confuse it with fan speed button.

10. Stop/Start – perfectly working fine on mine. Are you driving the 1.2 by any chance as there seems to be more complaints with the 1.2 engine S/S compared to the 1.6 petrol. My 1.6 stop/starts often, but my 1.2 Qashqai was a little more hit and miss.
PS: Little tip. When the engine has stopped, pop it into gear if you can to prevent engine restarting by itself or accidental touch of the clutch. It won’t restart again unless you FULLY depress the clutch or return to neutral.

11. Please check your car settings for ‘reverse wipe link’. The feature exist and is probably turned off on your car.

12. That really is clutching at straws IMHO! Why do you need to see a volume digits, surely you can hear the volume level??

I have a fairly extensive Nissan history, you could say I am a little bit of a fanboi:
Nissan Micra K11
Nissan Primera P11 1.6
Nissan Primera P11 2.0 SRi
Nissan 200sx S14a Touring
Nissan Note
Nissan Almera N15
Nissan Almera N16
Nissan Micra K11 (yes...another!)
Nissan Micra K13
Nissan Qashqai J11 Tekna
Nissan Pulsar Ntec
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

The whole video is me being picky as f**k lol,

Number 12, you're right, and I have got used to it. But some (such as me) have a bit of OCD and like it to be on certain numbers ;)

Number 11, someone has pointed that out to me. Maybe I missed it when going through all the menu options.

Number 10, yes, I'm in the 1.2 petrol. Thanks for that tip

Number 8, yes I have seen the red light - I like that and will be in the next video lol

But in regards to number 3, I understand they need a point at where they turn off. However, what I'm saying is, I'm indicating to go right, but turning left to enter the roundabout, once I've turned the wheel 90 degrees left it cancels my right signal. It should only cancel once the wheel has moved to the right and is about to go back into a straight position (I hope that makes sense).
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

RandomlySet wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:37 pm The whole video is me being picky as f**k lol,

Number 12, you're right, and I have got used to it. But some (such as me) have a bit of OCD and like it to be on certain numbers ;)

Number 11, someone has pointed that out to me. Maybe I missed it when going through all the menu options.

Number 10, yes, I'm in the 1.2 petrol. Thanks for that tip

Number 8, yes I have seen the red light - I like that and will be in the next video lol

But in regards to number 3, I understand they need a point at where they turn off. However, what I'm saying is, I'm indicating to go right, but turning left to enter the roundabout, once I've turned the wheel 90 degrees left it cancels my right signal. It should only cancel once the wheel has moved to the right and is about to go back into a straight position (I hope that makes sense).
I was that person who mentioned the reverse wipe feature on your youtube video.
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Ah cheers dude....

Tried to set the auto lock this morning (someone suggested a way on another forum), that didn't work.... Forgot to try the wiper when I got to work. If I remember, I'll have a go this evening
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Forgot to say guys, I checked the wiper settings yesterday, both options are ticked... I wonder if the fronts need to be in a "full" wipe mode to enable auto wiper in reverse
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I've never sussed what causes the rear wiper to activate when you put the car in reverse. I generally leave the wiper setting on auto and I have had the front wipers activate and the rear not, and had both activate. Never had just the rear go - yet :-)
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

Dislike the fact you cannot access front wipers without the double tap after ignition off like when washing the car or leaf removal (I've not tried to access the wipers with the bonnet up). A good point though is that they don't auto self reset when you drive off again, you have to wipe and that actually does a full screen wipe before reseting. This feature is handy for screen covers in these cold months.
Auto wipers does work better than my video which is completely useless unless snow slides off the roof! That's the only time it worked flawlessly.
Cruise control is set too high at 25MPH.
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

Another thing I noticed tonight whilst driving in the snow, if you have the LED headlamps, there is no facility to alter the height since they are auto levelling. Normally I'd drop the lights so they don't distract too much.
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Finchburger wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 am Dislike the fact you cannot access front wipers without the double tap after ignition off like when washing the car or leaf removal (I've not tried to access the wipers with the bonnet up). A good point though is that they don't auto self reset when you drive off again, you have to wipe and that actually does a full screen wipe before reseting. This feature is handy for screen covers in these cold months.
Auto wipers does work better than my video which is completely useless unless snow slides off the roof! That's the only time it worked flawlessly.
Cruise control is set too high at 25MPH.
The double tap takes some getting used to (spent 5 minutes trying to remember the method at the weekend lol)... Although, having ran my own detailing business, I cannot think of any other car that has auto-returned back to normal position. This may be to avoid any accidental damage to the edge of the bonnet if the wipers were still left off the window and ignition switched back on.