Minimum Speed Setting

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

I use my cruise control all the time in my vehicles but 25 in the Pulsar is way too high for some traffic situations.
My Vivaro is 18MPH minimum when seems ideal.
Is there any way to alter it? Would this be able to alter in an ECU remap?
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams

RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

I've not yet used mine that low yet. I think the lowest my Leon would go was 15mph... 25mph does seem high TBH (considering there are 20mph speed zones around schools).

I guess it means you'll have to go back to "old fashioned" driving and maintain that speed and awareness yourself :lol:
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Can't say I even think about using cruise at speeds under 50. It ain't that hard to use your foot to control the speed. You could always set the speed limiter - if that works ! Had that on my previous car as well and never switched it on as I don't see the point
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

why would you use cruise control in a setting less than 25mph?! Its designed for long straight open roads... such as a motorway and dual cariage way rather than local slow road with traffic.

Speed limit on the other hand is in my opinion a much betterfunction for local road driving and can allow you to be limited to 20mph, I often find this feature much better than cruise control even at higher speed anyway as you can simply floor keep a constant speed... and you can slow down for the inevitigable idiot who cuts into your lane without having to cancel and reset...
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I suspect Finchburger means the max speed setting rather than minimum speed setting.
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

TBH, although I haven't used CC much in the Pulsar whilst I'm "bedding in" the engine, one of the last roads home is a 2 mile straight at 30mph and often has a police van sat there, so I always set it at 30mph in the Leon.

But generally yeah, you really wouldn't use CC unless on a dual carriageway/motorway. Though, as above, there are exceptions.
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

Each to their own splank, I did mean minimum cruise kt. I don't like the speed limiter as you can press harder/floor it and override it. I use cruise all the time since my first vehicle that had it. Love it. Why would an idiot speed by only to slow down again when traffic is moving at the same speed?
I've got 205/50/17 and speed is lower than my van and GPS app Randomly.
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams