Rattles everywhere

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Rear hatch opening switch - I have got use to its position
Some minor rattles from around stereo and passenger seatbelt clip against post (that's intermitant)
No issue with gearchange, satnav or turbo
Agree about heating setup
Ride on low profiles can be jittery but I find on good roads the ride is fine just the general state of the roads is appalling nowdays
Car does move couple inches when applying handbrake and taking foot off footbrake but have got use to it.
Fuel consumption avg 43 mpg on mixture motorway/A and B roads.
My car is 1.6 Tekna with 18" wheels

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Hello,
Very interesting reading that I'm not the only person finding my car -- 1.2 Tekna --has poor fuel consumption and many rattles.
I've had the windscreen replaced on mine as it wasn't fitted properly at the Factory , I still have a strange creaking /knocking noise which appears to come from the top of the drivers side of the dash ( it doesn't appear to be temperature related), it's going back in to the dealers again for them to hopefully cure all the rattles which are increasing as the miles are increasing , I've only done about 1,500 miles.
I've marked the position of the rear hatch opening button as per Swe's suggestion.
I had my satnav checked again to make sure it really is the latest update, but it still sends me down roads that don't exist and roundabouts that were removed over 7 years ago !! I still keep a road atlas in my car.

I'll update when and if the rattles,creaks and knocks are cured.

All the best from Neale.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I don't have any problems with fuel consumption or creaks and rattles (no creaks and rattles from the car at least. My own body is another matter). I do agree the satnav is poor, and even the current update is from data collected in Q1/17. That update wasn't available until Q3/17 so will be 18 months out of date before I get the next update in October when the car goes in for service. I've said before I don't understand why Nissan can't make it available (a) more often and (b) as a download.
BCH

Post by BCH »

I agree with the satnav mine is up-to-date so I've been told but it's useless. It goes all over the place longest route or turn left then right then turn around again 😬😬😬😬😡
kt53

Post by kt53 »

BCH wrote: ↑Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 pm I agree with the satnav mine is up-to-date so I've been told but it's useless. It goes all over the place longest route or turn left then right then turn around again 😬😬😬😬😡
I mentioned before that I set it for a destination where I knew the quickest route just to see what happened. It tried taking me miles out of my way and also told me to "take first right and immediately first left" on a road with no side turnings. It's also told me to take the 4th exit on a roundabout with 3 exits. I'll only now use it for the final part of a journey having worked out the rest using a map. It looks as it it's been set up only to use A roads and motorways unless there is no alternative.