Snow

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
gezt

Post by gezt »

How's everyone's cars performing in the snow, cannot get out of our place cos we is on steep hill edge of pennines (saddleworth moors)

nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Only a very short trip but performance-wise it was rubbish. Couldn't seem to grip the road at all. When I got home I noticed the snow had all compacted under the wheel arch right onto the tyres.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
gezt

Post by gezt »

Not a good start then
Swe

Post by Swe »

Haha...... Welcome to Sweden guys...every car has winter tyres in wintertime, guess why?? Maybe global warming is solving that issue for you. I must say, next to my previous SAAB cars, the Pulsar handles very well on ice and snow.
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

This is the 1st car I've driven without winter tyres in years but VERY surprised at getting home from Edinburgh in a 3hr drive that can take over 15 mins on a clear day. I'm assuming it's down to the traction and Conti5's but I honestly did not think I'd get up the inclines I did.
My van has winters and cleared our driveway and got the dogs out to walk without issue.
Now Mrs is happy for me to get winter wheels and tyres...for the end of this year! Winters are needed no matter what vehicle.
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

winter tyres are not for me, don't get enough cold snowy conditions to justify the costs.
would end up driving with them more on clear tarmac than snow/iced roads.
live few miles outside of preston, Lancashire.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

No way I could justify winter tyres where I live either. Once this cold spell has gone it could be years before we get more than an inch or so of snow again. Coming out of junctions where I'm pointing uphill and turning at the same time was a little entertaining, but not too bad. Obviously all the weight effectively transferred to the back as I tried to pull away. Just kept the power low and it got away in the end.
Izzy Cooper

Post by Izzy Cooper »

My first time driving in the slow ever. And I and the car seem to have done well. In yorkshire we had lots of snow. X

20180227_061755.jpg

gezt

Post by gezt »

Seems it's not so bad then, I agree winter tyres are not really required for what we get but all year round one may be the answer when replacing them.
danielk

Post by danielk »

I changed tyres for the factory tyres to wider ones about a month ago,,and cant get over the difference it made to the cars handling and steering
Best upgrade for them hands down