Snow

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
gezt

Post by gezt »

danielk wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 am I changed tyres for the factory tyres to wider ones about a month ago,,and cant get over the difference it made to the cars handling and steering
Best upgrade for them hands down
What have you put on.?
Which model and tyre wheel size .?

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

We went over the Pennines on Tues 28/2; when it was snowing - car performed well , except that the radar for the forward emergency brake became blocked and the system switched off. I don’t know whether it was due to the snow confusing it, or whether an outside signal was causing interference. When I started the car at home the next day the system rebooted itself, and the warning lights disappeared.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The position of the sensor does make it susceptible to being covered by snow. It happened to me last time it snowed but after the car had been parked for a while the snow fell off and it was OK again.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Looks like it was probably that then , thanks kt53. It was snowing quite heavily and there was snow on the road.
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

danielk wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 am I changed tyres for the factory tyres to wider ones about a month ago,,and cant get over the difference it made to the cars handling and steering
Best upgrade for them hands down
what did you have standard and what you got fitted now?
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams
HillBill

Post by HillBill »

Cheers from Hungary, Central Europe.

We had some snow recently, and the roads are heavily salted, there's mud all around, too.

I couldn't stand to see the amount of dirt anymore on my precious little beast, so I gave her a maintenance wash. Since I had to deal with a lot of salt and mud, without any chance to use the pressure washer (see first image why!), most of the dirt was removed with the god old Garry Dean-method with some MF towels soaked in soapy water. The rest of the cleaning process was done by using "SmartPolish Pro," a UK-based company's rinseless wash product, which I like a lot.

Nissan Pulsar before and after images
--
2017 1.6Dig-T Acenta