Whine

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
todduncious

Post by todduncious »

Hi,

My May 2016 Accenta diesel, (15 500 miles), is still making the whining noise I mentioned in a previous post. A reply to that post suggested that it could be due to the turbo spinning up when the oil was cold, (thank you danielk :) ). It is still doing this even when the engine has heated up. It seems to at around 1800 to 2000rpm and is like a background whinning noise. Sometimes this is accompanied by the pitch falling during a gear change then resuming. It only takes place during acceleration and around the rpm stated above.

Also, I think I hear a ‘faint noise ‘ coming from the steering whenever I am close to full right hand lock.

Any advice or suggestions very welcome. :D

MarkS.

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Have you tried Nissan dealer as your car still under warranty.
There maybe info on Nissan Juke forums as I believe its the same engine setup.
todduncious

Post by todduncious »

Hi Metalmickey,

Yes it will be due a service at the end of May and I was going to leave it until then to raise it with the dealer as the car is fine in all other aspects. I was just wondering if any one else had similar issues and if there was any urgency in having it looked at. Also, I have found over my years of car ownership it is sometimes useful to have ideas/question ready for service departments. :)

Many thanks, I will check out the Juke forum and I suppose any other models/makes which use the K9K setup in 108bhp tune.

Regards,

MarkS
todduncious

Post by todduncious »

Having read some posts from other forums it might be due to a split or loose hose at the turbo :?:

Regards.