Pulsar Q&A

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Morning all... 

I've been thinking of doing a Q&A type video soon around the Pulsar. I've had it almost 4 months now, so throw any questions you have relating to the car in here and I'll do my best to answer them. 

danielk

Post by danielk »

People driving the 1.5 diesel.
Dose everyone have the same problom with no power in low revs?
Mostly pulling away in second gear?
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Yes, I’ve got that problem, and I just try to accept it, but it has the potential to cause an accident.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

It's not just the diesel. It's virtually impossible to pull away in 2nd on the 1.2 petrol as well.
danielk

Post by danielk »

It wouldnt be too bad if u could drop to first gear,,but its "very" hard too most of the time
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Glad it's not just me who's noticed this. Seems hard to get into 1st if doing more than 5mph, and at that speed, second is terrible to pull away in.

My mate is a driving instructor, and I feel like a student when at junctions at low speed. Either either crawl away slowly in 2nd, or go for a jerky 1st gear pull away (I've been driving 15+ years :lol:)
kt53

Post by kt53 »

RandomlySet wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:29 pm
My mate is a driving instructor, and I feel like a student when at junctions at low speed. Either either crawl away slowly in 2nd, or go for a jerky 1st gear pull away (I've been driving 15+ years :lol:)
Pleasing to see that I'm not the only one having problems pulling away smoothly in 1st and I've been driving for over 40 years! Sometimes it's OK and sometimes not. The exit to one car park I use regularly is slightly uphill where you stop to put the ticket in to raise the barrier and then drops downhill immediately as you pass through the gate. It's almost impossible not to do an impression of a kangaroo on hot coals at that one!
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

The way I get round it is not to accelerate from a crawl but stop and set off briskly again in first gear up to about 15mph and then go into second. I do this a lot at junctions where I needn’t have stopped.
Of course you have to keep an eye on what’s safe to do.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

When it's possible to pull off straight and level it's not such an issue. However I have a T junction at the end of my road, and, particularly when turning right, giving it welly in 1st isn't a fun experience.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

I noticed this test driving 2 cars and thought it was just my inability to drive lol... something I will get used to I suppose. My twingo screams for 2nd as soon as it's over about 7mph and its virtually impossible to get into 1st unless you're stopped. So some similarities some differences.