Pulsar Q&A

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

It's what we used to call "kangaroo petrol" ! I've found the only way that I can be smooth is to release the clutch slowly in "stages" so you more or less only fully release the clutch when you're about ready to go into second.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Weirdly I seem to be driving it fine then all of a sudden BOOM lurch town... I'm hoping it will just be something I get used to... I want this so I can actually pull out on junctions... don't want to be jumping around roundabouts lol an old OLD micra I drove when learning used to do the same thing.. generally at roundabouts and completely put me off driving!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The underlying issue when pulling away seems to be the fact that it revs so high in 1st gear. 1000rpm only gives you about 5mph. It's totally different to any other car I have driven, and I've been driving for over 40 years. It's even worse if I get back into the Pulsar after having driven my wife's 08 Micra.
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

I can concur with most of the posts regarding pulling away in 1st I have been driving for 60 years and have lost count of the different cars I have owned but my Pulsar 1.2 Tekna is making me paranoid I have to negotiate a hill with traffic lights at the top inevitably there is a queue of traffic and it takes about three or four stop and starts to get through I either shoot forward like a demented kangaroo or finish up stalling and giving the driver behind me a fright as they nearly run into the back of me I feel like a learner again its embarrassing. Oh for hill start assist. I have only had the car a month so I am hoping I can get to grips with this problem its either that or move to Lincolnshire where they are not many hills. lol
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

It's just a case of adapting your driving style a bit. I've noticed quite a difference going back to petrol from diesel for one thing. Diesel just seems to effortlessly pull away. I've found that releasing the clutch very gradually works fine. A lot of folk still jump straight off the clutch when they press the accellerator and that can cause this issue.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I just find pulling away inconsistent Steve, even from the same spot. Sometimes it seems to pull away fine and other times it tries its kangaroo game. I haven't managed to determine why it can be different as I do the same journey on a daily basis.