secret

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

Hi, heres a pic i took today, my new pulsar on the left, same year qashqai in the centre and an 08 plate one on the right.
The secret is no one knows about the pulsar, you dont see many around. Yet in my cars case, engine gearbox and most of the interior is the same.
Now if your happy paying an extra 4k for the centre car feel free. Not much difference in size either.
I did find a review online that said the pulsars biggest competitor in the market was the qashqai, Nissan never do go crazy on tv advertising except in the qashqais case.
When i took my kids to the baths, other parents had never seen or heard of a pulsar but liked it. Its strange to me why Nissan say it didnt sell well when through lack of advertising no one knew about it.
I am not slagging off the qashqai which i like, just fail to understand the sense .

fujikun

Post by fujikun »

dont know where the pics gone.
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

trying picture again failed. ill try figure it out later
danielk

Post by danielk »

No one liked the almera when they came out ider,,fingers crossed the pulsar is as good,,only time will tell
kt53

Post by kt53 »

danielk wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:48 am No one liked the almera when they came out ider,,fingers crossed the pulsar is as good,,only time will tell
I don't think it will have time to become popular. There was a report that production will stop in the middle of this year.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

July they told me. Someone I know works at nissan. Went through nearly everything the same as a qashqai. I don't really like a high riding position to be honest plus don't feel like the pulsar seems as big. It's like a tardis. Have you seen a comparison with an xtrail boot? It's a shame they are finishing it as I think if more people knew how spacious it was it would have been a really popular car.
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

I know its finished this year. i remember the old almera, nissan sold loads of sedans (boot) to europe i remember spain especially. i think their thinking was same again, it wasnt advertised as if people knew it they might steal qashqai sales (which is a more expensive car)
Had mine a week now and been great so far. (i worked at the u.k plant for 30 years)
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

I owned J11 Qashqai, however the Qashqai I had was a complete lemon and was more or less forced to trade it in. 3 years of ownership was a love/hate relationship with it and I got rid because I continued to have faults, including needing an engine swap at 30,000 miles. If the faults didn’t exist, or stopped appearing I would without a doubt still own it.

My initial impression of the Pulsar when it came out was a little underwhelming, where as the 'experience' of the Qashqai was a much bigger draw.

The QQ and Pulsar, whilst they share a number of things are 2 completely different cars. Pulsar is more of a 'sporty' type car, where as the QQ is your typical small SUV. For whatever reason, the SUV style car is the current ‘must have’ style.

Demand for C segment cars has been quite low for some time due to the demands of SUV style cars. That segment is already well supplied with well designed and desired cars (Focus and Golf's spring to mind), and Nissan's historically never really mastered the C segment so was always doomed to fail.

I am about to hit my 1 year of owning my Pulsar and I find that it is a reasonable car, I am glad I have it and to be honest, I have become quite attached to it mostly because of the engine choice I went for (1.6DIG-T which appears to be rather rare as most people went for the 1.2), BUT if you step out of being a Nissan fanboi for a moment, the general population demand more for their money and the Pulsar even in top end trim simply does not deliver, or is as exciting compared to others on the market. I stayed with Nissan because I am a big fan of Nissans despite my issues with the QQ, I got a better trade in price for the heap of junk QQ, and it came up at the right price with the right engine (no way was I ever going to touch another 1.2 DIG-T, and my driving didn’t suite a derv engine).

That, and its closest rival within its own brand, the Leaf is starting to make good steps forward. My guess is the Pulsar not only lost out to those who wanted a SUV style car, but people are now looking at alternative powered cars away from just petrol/derv.

It never really stood a chance!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I'm not sure about the alternative fuels argument. The Pulsar came out in 2014? and there was next to nothing in the way of decent hybrids around then. I really do think it's down to poor advertising as much as anything else.
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

Morning, youve been unlucky splank, i counted up and me and the wife have had 15 nissans over the years, and only a couple of them were new cars, and bar wear and tear stuff weve honestly had no bother with any of them. always started and ran, even ive never had to have the aircon topped up. Theres good and bad in all makes i guess.
still cant get the origonal pic from the first post to load, any ideas?