Debadging a Car

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Decided to remove the badges from the rear of my car the other week (not done the hamburger badge yet), and make this quick video for those who have never done it before:

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Hi Randomlyset, I’m enjoying your videos - can’t see why you’d want to debadge the pulsar though. You’re Leaf test drive was interesting - like you said , I can imagine it’s like driving an automatic. I thought the orange blind spot light on the wing mirror was a good idea - a lot of manufacturers will copy this. Also, as you say, it always comes down to the range with battery powered vehicles.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Particulate Driver wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:18 pm Hi Randomlyset, I’m enjoying your videos - can’t see why you’d want to debadge the pulsar though.
I had the same thought about debadging. There's no model type in the badging any more, although even when there was I couldn't care less who knew which model I was driving. One place I worked, a newly appointed manager got a BMW 316 as a company car and insisted that it was debadged and admitted it was so nobody would know he had the bottom of the range - pathetic!
Particulate Driver

Ha! that’s a laugh, kt 53, and typical of these snob types.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Sorry but the point is lost on me - I don't give an sh one t about a badge !
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The second part of the story is that at Christmas we had 'Secret Santa' and the person who picked his name got hold of a set of badges from the local BMW dealer - matey was not amused. For some strange reason, everybody else from MD down thought it was hilarious.
Particulate Driver

These people are wound up easily, but and end up being resentful.