Pulsar questions

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Hi

I've had the car a few weeks now and whilst my general driving ability has improved and the kangarooing has mostly stopped there's still a few things I have no idea about. I've tried reading the HUGE manual and right now I'm not even sure if it's English I'm reading or what... so wondered if you could help with a few things...

When you stop the car by pressing the button, the engine stops but everything else stays on till I open the driver door. Is there a way to turn everything off without that? Sat in asda waiting for hubby the other day I ended up just opening the door as I couldn't work it out and whether it's likely or not I've always been told not to sit with the engine off and the radio on as it drains your battery...

How the hell do you get the windscreen wipers to stand up. So when I wash the car... how... Lol. My old twingo 1 of them could do it and in the 9 years I never worked out how to do the other one, mind this car was scruffy...

My car is a 15 plate Tekna... 2 things I'm not even sure if possible but if someone could confirm that would be great.

Can you enable some kind of anti hijack mode? My twingo would lock at 7mph. I've tried holding down the lock for random quantities of time with no luck

Also is there any way to make the wing mirrors fold in on lock? Not sure if this is an age thing. My friend 66 juke does it but she claims she has no idea HOW it even started doing it... eek

1 more thing can you turn off follow me home lighting. I reverse onto my drive so it serves no purpose other than to alert the neighbours that I'm home haha. My mother turned her 09 micra off but hasn't got a clue how.

Thanks in advance for any questions answered.

Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Pinky wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 am When you stop the car by pressing the button, the engine stops but everything else stays on till I open the driver door. Is there a way to turn everything off without that? Sat in asda waiting for hubby the other day I ended up just opening the door as I couldn't work it out and whether it's likely or not I've always been told not to sit with the engine off and the radio on as it drains your battery...
Normal. There is no user config you can do to change this. Not sure if Nissan has a hidden setting somewhere. However by turning off the engine you have switched the ignition off.

If for soem reason opening your door does not turn the radio off, it WILL turn off after around 5-10mins (cant remember which, but annoys me when im sitting in the car waiting!
Pinky wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 am How the hell do you get the windscreen wipers to stand up. So when I wash the car... how... Lol. My old twingo 1 of them could do it and in the 9 years I never worked out how to do the other one, mind this car was scruffy...
Turn ignition on, and double upward tap quickly the wiper stalk will put the wipers into park mode so you can lift the wipers up.

DONT LIFT THE WIPERS WHEN THEY ARE AT THE LOW POSITION! you can remove the paint from the edge of the bonnet
Pinky wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 am Can you enable some kind of anti hijack mode? My twingo would lock at 7mph. I've tried holding down the lock for random quantities of time with no luck
No longer available. Nearly all new cars these days no longer have this feature
Pinky wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 am Also is there any way to make the wing mirrors fold in on lock? Not sure if this is an age thing. My friend 66 juke does it but she claims she has no idea HOW it even started doing it... eek
The Juke is a completly different car and should not be compared. However as you have a Tekna, like on my Qashqai there maybe a button to manually bring in the mirrors.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Thanks. I noticed the wipers and was just puzzled why they were under the bonnet but I will give that a go!

I have the manual button but just didn't know if it was an option to make them do it automatically. I don't REALLY need to do it unless I'm out shopping. My drive is huge. My space at work is pretty big so it's just a habit I need to get into

Its so odd that they've done away with anti hijack. Going from 3 doors to 5 just makes me more wary. Some tramp was looking in my boot (whilst sat with the radio on the other day lol) and I just locked them so he would hear. Had a fair bit of moneys worth of fishing kit on the back seat so I think he was obviously eyeing it up but I would never leave anything on display
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I've never heard auto door lock referred to as anti hijack before. If it only locks at above 7 mph you'd only be at risk from Usain Bolt or Mo Farah.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Lol to be honest when I got my twingo and enabled it I had to assure my friends it wasn't me doing the hijacking lol...