Android Bluetooth & Nissan connect

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Rsgc90

Post by Rsgc90 »

Hi, has a anyone else had a problem with their Bluetooth when their android phone has the latest update?

Previously my car would auto connect with my phone, play music and I could use the steering wheel controls.

Now, I have to manually connect my phone. It will play music only if I play it from the phone and it will not let me change track or display the song name.

Very annoying but just wondering if anyone else encountered this and if there is a fix?

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

I would start by resetting your phone, which often does the trick for a myriad of problems.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Funnily enough I did notice it not auto connecting, but paid it little attention as I rarely bother connecting the phone anyway.

Music I don't bother with via a phone - I've just got a 32GB USB stick permanently plugged in and play from there.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
Particulate Driver

If it’s not connecting press the pulsar name on the list. If the pulsar’s not on the list press the rotating wheel underneath the list. This usually gets it to connect.
If you can’t connect to the Pulsar name that’s already on the list, ask your phone to forget this device, and then start again from scratch.
gezt

Post by gezt »

Mine connects ok, got 2 connected and choose which one to use. When connected I get traffic road closure info and traffic congestion. Pretty handy.
All I did was connect thru the usual blue tooth method and via Nissan connect enabled Google.
Particulate Driver

Mine connected right away and the screen now acknowledges the phone when I startup the car.
Rsgc90

Post by Rsgc90 »

So, I have restarted the phone no luck.
Started the phone in safe mode no luck.
Cleared all network and Bluetooth connections no luck.
Factory reset the ICE no luck.
I think it really comes down to the latest phone updated and nothing to do with the car, I will be taking it in soon and will ask them to update the ICE to the latest version.
Fingers crossed that works, if not I will just carry on crying about it.
Rsgc90

Post by Rsgc90 »

It is 100% the phone as just tried it in my wife's new Micra and it does the same.
gezt

Post by gezt »

have you put the nissan connect app on the phone first before anything else.
Rsgc90

Post by Rsgc90 »

No, I don't use the app. I'll try it