Rubber marks removal

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Do you sometimes think your new car is fated, first as indicated in an earlier post I must have got a speck of sand / gravel on my sponge and consequently put some minor scratches on the bonnet, now today came back to the car parked in Sainsbury's car park to find some one has sideswiped the nearside rear arch and door, on closer examination it appears to be mainly rubber marks what is the best way to remove the marks without damaging the paint work.

fujikun

Post by fujikun »

hi yorkie, i had the same on a white juke i had and i can only suggest a solvent that wont react with the paint, whatever you do dont use t cut as theres not much paint on these cars and i rubbed through the top layer on mine. try wd40 its pretty good and shouldnt react with the paint.
addpulsar

Post by addpulsar »

Yep, I had an old mondeo and I lost count how many times people crashed into it, there loads of products that will get the rubber off with out damaging the paint, I'd start with a decent quality polish, have a look on cleanyourcar.co.uk lots and lots of choice, I use the autoglym super resin polish has silicon fillers and is very light abrasive, I use alot of geyon detailing products the hydrobaric properties work wonders in their stuff, only thing I beg you to do is chuck the sponges away get a proper wash mit sheep skin ones are the best but the micro fibre ones are cheap and lift grit and stuff off the paint rather than a sponge pushing it in sponges give that horrible light cobb web swirl marks and dull the paint
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Thanks guys for your replies to my post, will let you know how I get on.
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Hi guys tried the WD40 it worked a treat no marks left,Thanks
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

I used G3 to take off light scratches from the handle area and then recently rubbed the petrol hose on the rear bumper. This took it off using dampened microfiber and cream too. I also used this on the side of my silver van after Mrs reversed past trees and scratched the whole back panel. Worked a treat.

pixlr-picsay.jpg

2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams