New pulsar owner few questions

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Leogwc

Post by Leogwc »

Hi guys I'm now a owner of a 1.5 diesel pulsar 15 plate n-tec spec. So very near top spec.

Very nice car full of tech and very spacious in the cabin with amazing fuel economy..

I do have a few niggles which I am wondering if any of you guys have modified or worked out a technique. Open to ideas. I'll list all below

1. Automatic window wipers. I'm not sure it I'm using these right or not but when set to auto on the stalk they don't seem responsive enough to the real rain conditions. Move the stalk and then it's way to fast.

2. One touch windows. Only drivers side has one touch but has anyone modified the windows to make all one touch if so is it easy?

3. When turning the car off 'power off' none of the windows will work orless I push the power button. Is there a way to make the windows still work after pulling up in the car and turning the car off.

4. Front fog lights to come on when powering the headlights on. Can this be done. Some cars do

5.can the drl lights be permanently on no matter what lights are on eg. Side lights or main lights. I think this would look really good

6. Tried getting the rear light clusters off but after taking the 2 bolts out on each side. But it won't seem to pull off have I missed a bolt anywhere or am I not putting enough effort in lol. Don't want to break it

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Auto wipers are a joke. They will come on in a light drizzle but often not in quite heavy rain. Intermittent timing varies even when there is consistent level of rain which has caused them to start. It was suggested by somebody to set the switch one down from the top setting and this does seem to improve things slightly.
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

Hi, the auto wipers work by the rain hitting a sensor, if even in heavy rain theres not much hits the sensor (chance) then the wipers go fast or not.
the drivers window is the only one to have one touch window, the others do not have this function .I think it would not be easy to modify the others this way, as you would need to change the switches. You ask about the drls on all the time and fogs on with headlamps, i think these are not easy mods as major rewiring would be needed . ive never removed the rear light lens yet.
Leogwc

Post by Leogwc »

Okay all answers are as I thought. No worries if anyone finds anything I can do to change then ide be happy to hear from you.

I've done the complete front end of the car to white led apart from indicator bulbs to match the led headlights. The lights on this car as standard are very impressive
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I'd rather have manually controlled intermittent wipers which are reliable than the automatic system which simply doesn't work consistently. I've had situations where it's like looking through frosted glass the rain is so hard, but still the wipers don't kick in. If the rain isn't hitting the sensor under those conditions there is either a problem with sensor sensitivity or position.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

A lot of these automatic things only work when they feel like it. I agree that the intermittent wipers were the best idea, which is pretty much the same thing as when I give the stick an occasional knock up with my finger, which suffices for light rain.
Leogwc

Post by Leogwc »

I see I've worked out how to work my way round the window wipers in rain now although it's not simple
gezt

Post by gezt »

Spill the beans then, no secrets here😁