Sat Nav (or should I say SAD Nav) Query

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
laurie1050

Post by laurie1050 »

I have recently bought a new Pulsar Tekna. When traveling generally we will, where necessary, set the sat nav to our destination - fine, no problems with that. However, when we are touring we prefer to set our own route using determined Waypoints to our destination. I checked the sat nav section of the instruction manual but there is no mention of waypoints. However once you have set your destination there is an option to set waypoints, stated in the plural. However, when I add a waypoint using this option it does allow for that waypoint which is noted as number 1. To me this implies you can add more than one waypoint. However, I can't find a way of creating more than one waypoint. If you go add a waypoint it overwrites the existing one and I can't find a way of adding further.

The local dealership was unable to help on this matter. Does anyone know if it is possible to create further waypoints and if so I would like to hear from you.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

In my opinion the satnav system is very poor. Not only are the maps woefully out of date but as you are discovering it's also very limited in it's functionality. I was in a Ford Galaxy recently and the driver could modify the route in seconds. I would add that we were stopped in traffic at the time and he changed the route to avoid the section of motorway and the main A road which ran parallel to it.