Help Warning System Fault

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Hi can anyone help? yesterday for no apparent reason my Nissan Pulsar Tekna 15 reg started flashing up a warning system fault alternating with Stop start Auto System Fault and then what I presume is a graphic of possibly cameras and or forward detection sensor the warning displays seem to have gone mad apart from the previously mentioned warnings on the centre display the warnings on the rev counter display area are a battery icon and a car with a squiggly line behind it presumably the esp. light and a warning triangle with an exclamation mark in it, also there is a icon on the speedo dial which I think is the Forward emergency braking system warning light and finally the stop start off switch down to the right of the steering wheel is permanently lit I feel overwhelmed with all these warnings and living out in the sticks I am afraid to take it to the Nissan dealer as it is quite a drive down country roads and I don't want to breakdown in the middle of nowhere incidentally it seems to start up ok. can anyone shed light on what could be the problem

kt53

Post by kt53 »

It could be something as simple as a faulty detector or it could be a major engine or computer system fault. If the car is under warranty you need to contact the dealership and get their advice on whether it is safe to drive to them or not. If they say it is, make sure you get the name of the person who tells you and say that you will hold the dealership responsible if driving further makes any damage worse.
Are you an AA, RAC or Greenflag member? If so they may transport it but you'd need to confirm that with them.
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Thanks will do.
Swe

Post by Swe »

Probably Fiamm battery breakdown again. Bad batch of these batteries installed result in the warnings youve got. Dont pay for exhange of battery,
Telephonewire

Post by Telephonewire »

Hi Yorkie,

Did you ever resolver your Warning System Fault issues?

I seem to have exactly the same system faults occurring!

Thanks.

Telephonewire
CLUNK

Post by CLUNK »

Yeah it would be nice to know what happened with this in the end!
Arry191

Post by Arry191 »

Hi had exactly the same fault, had to go straight to dealer it turned out to be a sensor on the engine that ? Went to the exhaust, apparently had a nightmare getting it out, also replaced 2 core plugs which appears to have sorted it. Cost a hefty £430. Hope this helps
Champs1uk

Post by Champs1uk »

This just happened to me. The battery was flat. Thankfully, because my previous car was rubbish my husband had bought me an RAC car battery charger. I charged it for 5 minutes and it started working again. All the system faults turned off and back to normal.