Latest sat nav version.

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Just checking for the lastest version of the sat nav and everything refers to 2017! There is even information about the improvements between the 2016 and 2017 versions. The current system is now over 18 months out of date. Utterly ridiculous.

addpulsar

Post by addpulsar »

I got my pulsar on 30th of June and it had well out of date maps, had a moan and they gave me the latest maps which finally has my house on it, I'm in a new buikd house but it's been here 3 years now
kt53

Post by kt53 »

addpulsar wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:35 am I got my pulsar on 30th of June and it had well out of date maps, had a moan and they gave me the latest maps which finally has my house on it, I'm in a new buikd house but it's been here 3 years now
That sounds about right for their crappy satnav. Roads constructed only 3 years ago are far too new to be on it.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Yeah, it’s funny when you go down one of these newish roads and the satnav thinks you’re in a field or something.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Particulate Driver wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:56 pm Yeah, it’s funny when you go down one of these newish roads and the satnav thinks you’re in a field or something.
It went one better than that this time for me. We were heading for South Queensferry outside Edinburgh and the sat-nav said take the first exit at the roundabout and then immediately first left again. First left was fine, but then there was no "first left again". The road layout had changed completely with completion of the Queensferry Crossing (which opened nearly a year ago) but by the time I realised I was heading north over the Forth. At least we got to look around North Queensferry before returning over the bridge and driving down into South Queensferry. I'm just very grateful that there are no bridge tolls in Scotland or I would have been severely out of pocket. :)
addpulsar

Post by addpulsar »

100% agree they need to do an update at least once every six months at a sensible price to the customer, tbf I use waze alot for work as we're using Co pilot and that's well out of date like the Nissan maps, but for a free phone sat nav you can't beat waze even proper ones are not as good
kt53

Post by kt53 »

What p's me off is that I bought a Garmin sat nav a couple of years ago for around £100 and that comes with map updates for life. Nissan want to charge over £100 each time they update, and the update is still likely to be a year or more out of date!
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

Do the android thing folks. Harry and another couple have.
That's my next plan. Then dump the connect2 into my Vivaro and buy an eBay card at £40+.
I certainly wouldn't trust my 2014 SD card for ANYTHING!!
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams
kt53

Post by kt53 »

What do you mean by 'do the Android thing'?
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

Sorry kt, 2din stereo options. I had previously thought about swapping car to van and upgrading the car but will await the latest SD card for maps and just put it into my car. The new stereo will be bought for the van since that's where the main driving is done. I did look into Sony etc but for cost and a replacement fascia I'll do the cheap one below.
https://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/pumpkin-a ... -32gb.html
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams