Is Pulsar really not a good car ?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
syneman

Post by syneman »

I read the Pulsar has been discontinued in Europe. I am wondering why it bombed? Is is that bad?

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-ne ... roduction/

StuGee

Post by StuGee »

It's not a bad car. And considering the price difference between a qq and a pulsar vs spec, engine options etc, they are good value. Stiff competition in the segment and a lack of advertising (in the UK anyway) meant that they were rarely considered as an option. I was unaware of their existence until I saw one at a garage and ended up buying it. I'd be surprised if any car maker would try to establish themselves in the family hatch segment if they haven't already. The focus, golf and Astra have a following, and with long warranties being offered by Kia and the likes, you need something to shout about. The pulsar sadly didn't. Pity.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The Pulsar isn't perfect but no car is. As StuGee says, there has been an almost total lack of advertising of the model so it's not surprising sales have been disappointing. It has far more rear legroom than any other car in its class and I'm more than happy with fuel consumption and ride quality on my 1.2 Nconnecta model.
syneman

Post by syneman »

I was actually surprised how this car has had not the best reviews (Videos on You Tube..What Car etc,..) > I find it rather sporty and nice looking, and 6 gears too, leg room, etc,... It is not perfect, but then what is. I agree it has some serious competition in this price group. Well the used car value has dropped a bit..maybe a sleeper??
kt53

Post by kt53 »

There might be a lot more on the roads as prices are slashed to clear the stock. Even when I bought mine in November '16 there was £4k off the list price. I actually paid less for a brand new NConnecta than they were asking for some of the used cars on the forecourt.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Nissan’s marketing department wants shooting.
addpulsar

Post by addpulsar »

I went in to my local Nissan dealer to upgrade my Juke spotted a pulsar in the show room a Tekna, I've looked at the competition and it's not that great in terms of spec, I paid 15k for my pulsar she's on the 18" rims the Tekna trim is better than an equivalent golf or focus at a 15k price I was happy with the build quality of my juke let's hope this stays as good
syneman

Post by syneman »

also 115 /190 HP.. not bad!!
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

I remember in 2014 we bought a new juke Tekna, I worked for Nissan and got a big discount, I saw the pulsar at the time and was impressed with the space especially for the kids. 4 years on and I bought a pulsar, still have a juke albeit a different one.
I think Nissan are never too big on advertising, but they wanted to sell the Qashqai more than the pulsar so never advertised it, more profit in the Qashqai. in fact the Qashqai is probably the pulsars main competitor, but at a few grand cheaper I know where my money would go. especially when the pulsar really is a Qashqai with a different coat on. mine is a 65 diesel, came with a spare tyre too.
Our juke is the same diesel engine both have 6 speed box, but the juke does feel more sporty in ride and engine pull, mind I prefer to drive the pulsar.