1.2 Pulsar 2015 fuel consumption

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
amcnie

Post by amcnie »

We have recently purchased a second hand Pulsar. Please can you confirm the amount of miles you can do from a full tank
It has been been used so far for local journeys and 2 long journeys, and can only manage about 295miles from a full tank. Parker's review states petrol can do about 500.

Please can you advise if this is normal or whether there is something wrong?

Many thanks

Swe

Post by Swe »

To get a proper average fuel consumption, look at display info, "enter" button 2 times down on left side steering wheel, "Fuel consumption 1" should appear on display. This is accumulated consumption info. If you press "enter" once you get "Fuel consumption 2" this is momentary consumption since last engine start. Read the figures and add 6-7% to get the real fuel consumption on your car. The odometer is calibrated for 6-7 % extra mileage, can varies depending on tyres. You should get about 9-11 miles/liter.
amcnie

Post by amcnie »

Thank you for reply, I worked out the mpg manually and appears to only be doing 28mpg albeit little local journey and one long journey.

Would be interested the total miles you can get from a full tank, as seem to fill up more than we did with our old zafira.
Many thanks
kt53

Post by kt53 »

28 mpg is very low, even for short journeys. Even on short trips I average in the high 30's and well over 40 on longer journeys. The indicator of low fuel and distance to empty are not accurate. There seems to be at least a couple of gallons left in the tank when the low fuel warning comes on in mine.
Swe

Post by Swe »

Driving a X-tronic in Eco mode, performing eco driving skills, original 190/16 tyres with 20% extra pressure, I have achieved a average fuel consumption last year of 53,1 mpg. Sorry that pic is upside down. Anyone at the forum that got better figures???

P_20181024_161430.jpg

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Was the increased tyre pressure simply part of the exercise to get maximum fuel economy? Increased pressure surely leads to additional wear on the centre section of the tyre and therefore earlier replacement than would otherwise be the case.
Swe

Post by Swe »

Swe wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:47 pm Driving a X-tronic in Eco mode, performing eco driving skills, original 195/60 16 tyres with extra pressure, I have achieved a average fuel consumption last year of 53,1 mpg. Sorry that pic is upside down. Anyone at the forum that got better figures???
P_20181024_161430.jpg
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

I just monitor mpg per tankful and reset every fill up. I do a lot of small journeys around town, coupled with a 6 mile stretch of the M1 three times a week. I average around 33-36mpg. I'll be interested to see if the new engine improves this.
Best I've EVER had was a motorway journey (90% of the distance) through 50mph average speed cameras and managed to get 61.9 mpg !

Couldn't say exactly what I get per tankful as I never let it run right down, but every fill up shows distance to empty of around 300 when full.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

I get 45 mpg average 20 miles motorway, 12 miles A roads each day.

Have the 1.6 petrol
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

1.6 DIG-T here, I typicaly average around 42-45 depening upon weather conditions. Now its getting cooler, ive noticed MPG sliding a little.

A ~450 mile round trip from Bolton to Woking, then back again over last couple of days, down the M6 (a lot of 50 zones), along the M42, then a long slog down the M40 onto the M25.... I averaged around 55mpg. I could have got better if I had tried harder but I was getting impatient. I just set the limiter to indicated 75 (70 on GPS), or 50 through road works... on the way back I was stuck for an hour on the M40 stop starting and I 'made progress' on M6 Toll.

IMHO, the 1.2 isnt all that its cracked up to be (and I can talk from experiance with having the 1.2 Qashqai). People are being pushed to these smaller engines, often with just a quick test drive. Whilst yes they can have their benefits, IMHO its too small for both the Qashqai and Pulsar. Smaller engines lead to people giving it more throttle and more rev lower MPG's, where as the 1.6, in my opinion is a good match for the car size and compromise between eco/power.