Windscreen

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

Like the advert says, a small chip can easily lead to a crack. And it did. Just wish I'd known there was a chip, on the black bit, between the wipers, when it's mostly dark! Anyway, I knew it had the rain sense but I never knew that the glass is acoustic. Is this a standard feature of all pulsars? Doesn't list it in the specs, and the fact I was asked the question suggests that some don't. And the fact I had no idea suggests that I for one may not notice the difference.

fujikun

Post by fujikun »

whats acoustic glass then?
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

Apparently it's a laminated glass designed to reduce road noise by up to 3db. Interestingly enough though, they are generally thinner than standard glass. Everyday is a school day.
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

for me too I never new that :D
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

Has it been fixed yet?
In case you've never had a screen replaced, it will probably rattle about for the next week.
Happened to my van a couple of year ago. First time in 30+ years driving.
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

It was done yesterday. And no rattles, possibly due to it being a bonded screen. I saw it come off and the screen is quite thin compared to others I've seen.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I was amazed how thin the rear screen was when I had to get a replacement after some scrote threw a rubbish bin through it!