Pulsar storage inadequate

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
peter2305

Post by peter2305 »

Hi
Just taken delivery of my new n-tec DIG-t 115 and am a little disappointed with the lack of storage having just come from a Renault Scenic where there are drawers under every seat and spaces under each footwell.

I have a question regarding the central console. Allegedly there is a shallow space inside the lid of the central console but I'm blowed if I can see how to access it. The manual shows a small lever but mine doesn't have one......just thought I would ask before I go back to the dealer. Thanks

Peter :)

ucoc express

Post by ucoc express »

Hi
I have a 115 xtronic which i have had for a month,overall i am pleased with the car but as you say about the storage i do not have this compartment and also the front armrest cannot move forward.(both items are listed in the handbook).Do we have different spec in the UK from rest of europe.
BILL MORS.
peter2305

Post by peter2305 »

Hi
Thanks for your response. I do not know if, or why the specification should be any different from the rest of Europe. If i were you, I would ask your Dealer to check your armrest as it really should slide back and forward and you should be able to access the space inside it.

I called at my dealer today. First the salesman looked at it, then the guy who gets cars ready for handover, then a mechanic from the workshop. No-one could see how to access this top compartment. They concluded that it is not supplied on the Pulsar and that the Handbook was wrongly printed. Allegedly Nissan must have used a Qashqai manual which has been amended for the Pulsar and overlooked the difference in design. Anyway I am going to take it up with Nissan.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Please post back and let me know what they say. If the rest of Europe get a different one at least that holds some chance of ours being swapped out - either by Nissan or by hunting on eBay.

To be honest about the Scenic though - I always think they are designed with a lot more storage in mind (Kids etc.) where as hatchback cars are not.
peter2305

Post by peter2305 »

Hi Rob

Thanks for your response. (I always thought my Renault Scenic WAS a hatchback !!.....lol)

A young gentleman from Nissan Customer Services telephoned me in response to my emailed query with a somewhat stereotype answer in which he said that the Company reserved the right to alter/amend the specification of their models. He also referred to the fact I had undertaken a test drive on a similar vehicle (which also did not have the storage facility in the console lid)....whatever that has to do with it! He thanked me for pointing it out and would pass my feedback on to his Manager and hopefully the Design team. I guess I must be content with that. I still fail to see why an excellent design feature such as this could not have been incorporated in the Pulsar to start with, since it is used in the Qashqai, and since it is actually illustrated in the Pulsar Driver's Manual.........(bangs head against the wall). :roll:
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I always classed the Scenic as an MPV but the lines are becoming so blurred these days with cross overs appearing left right and centre.

What we need is someone from Europe to check theirs, then we know if its just a UK thing or not.
Alternatively, could a QashQai one be made to fit??!
peter2305

Post by peter2305 »

Hahaha! I wish!
ucoc express

Post by ucoc express »

Hi
Regarding the front arm rest i notice it is only available as a sliding arm rest on n-tec/tekna models, I have a acenta model so it is a no go, what use is it not sure maybe someone in the back can rest their feet on it.
As for storage i find it ok i do not carry much in the car.
PS A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU.
BILL.
peter2305

Post by peter2305 »

Regarding the front arm rest i notice it is only available as a sliding arm rest on n-tec/tekna models, I have a acenta model so it is a no go, what use is it not sure maybe someone in the back can rest their feet on it.
Haha!! Now there's a thought! Absolutely no use at all as an arm rest unless you slide it forwards. Regarding storage, well we're all different and I find I need quite a bit as I don't like littering the seats/floor with small items (cloths, papers, pencils, torch, tissues and other things I won't mention)

Peter
ionv

Post by ionv »

Could you please clarify what you mean centre console? Is it the front armrest? Mine is the acenta trim and the storage underneath the non-sliding front armrest is accessible.