Newbie...not to Nissan but to Pulsars!

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Lennierb

Newbie...not to Nissan but to Pulsars!

Post by Lennierb » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi, just found this forum! I have a Nissan Juke Accenta Premium 64 1.2dig-t. Before that a 12 plate 1.6 Note Accenta Premium...my contract is up and I'm looking to change to the Pulsar....any year I should avoid or engine? Petrol or diesel model? I'd like the N-Connecta model or best year and model to have? Tia 🙂

fujikun

Re: Newbie...not to Nissan but to Pulsars!

Post by fujikun » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:35 am

hi and welcome to the forum, to answer your question, there have been a lot of problems on here with the 1.2 petrol engine, but I reckon that's in all Nissan models, most should be sorted out under warranty claims so if going for one of these check the history , ask questions and get a guarantee from the garage. I myself have the diesel model and have had no problems at all with it. I don't have experience of the 1.6 digt engine but cant think of any problems been mentioned on here.
good luck with the car its very underated and youll get a lot of pleasure with whatever model you go for.

kt53

Post by kt53 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm

I have a 1.2 petrol, 66 plate and had no engine problems with that. I think most of the issues were with earlier models from what I've read.

I assume you realise it is no longer in production. Hopefully that will help to push the second hand price down for you.

Lennierb

Post by Lennierb » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:18 pm

I did know it was stopping which I think is a shame. I'm test driving a 1.2 and my local garage have a 1.6 I'm going to try as well. 67 and 17 plate respectively . L

Lennierb

Post by Lennierb » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:19 pm

Do you think they'll make things harder for Diesel car owners? They have a 1.5 I like but the fuel issue concerns me.

Sandancer

Post by Sandancer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi, saw your post office on the Facebook page, not sure that’s still monitored ... anyhow, I had a 2015 1.2. Had it 2 years no problems at all. I’ve now got the 2016 1.6 dig petroleum, only had it a few months, bought it used, it’s got 19k on the clock and so far so good. It’s a much nice drive than my 1.2. Even though it’s the model below, I.e no leather seats etc.

Return to “Main Nissan Pulsar chat”