Gearbox Oil

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Hello,
Does anyone already change the gearbox oil on manual transmission? or it doesn't need any change, i don't see the schedule in the maintenance manual.
Thanks all

fujikun

Post by fujikun »

these days I don't think they change the oil, just top up if it needs, personally if I was keeping the car I would drain it and put in fresh, depends how many miles you are doing. from new the gearbox oil should be ok for at least 4 years with average mileage then change if your keeping the car.
there will be people with high milers who are still on the original oil.
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

It's 4 years old and nearly 120k km.
I've heard and read that the oil lasts for the life of the car (if it's not leaking), but some of them suggests to change it especially if you do lots of km. Not really sure on how many km i should top it up or changed it because nowhere is mentioned.
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

if you've done those km and your keeping the car then change it. that's what I would do
syneman

Post by syneman »

I have noticed that my 1.2 Tekna is harder to change gears than it was in the past. It has only has 35,000 km, but when changing gears it makes a clicking sound and it’s not the smoothest transition anymore.. seems stiff and noisy.. Any ideas ??
ppd

Post by ppd »

You have a video with sound of a gear change? In general, I find the Renault gearboxes in the 1.2 and 1.6 "okay" in regard to notchiness and gear change noises, but not excellent.
2016 Pulsar Tekna 1.6 DIG-T
chris436

Post by chris436 »

My 2014 Pulsar ST when on a slope sometimes is stiff when changing gear. But the mechanic told me not to worry but I do. Any thoughts it has down under 75,000 klms.