Don't know how to turn on the DRL

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Saiftyoff

Post by Saiftyoff »

Hey everyone, i recently purchased the Nissan Pulsar ST sedan 2014 model. I have noticed that it has a light strip on the headlights and they dont turn on when i turn the lights on and they don't have a separate switch for them. Any ideas of how to turn them on or do i need to getva switch for them Installed?

Thanks

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Daylight running lights should come on automatically I think. There is certainly on on/off switch on my 2016 model.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

As above, the DRL's (that the light in the same housing as the fog light unit) will come on when any of the main lights are off (including side lights).

You mention a strip inside the head light. These are not DRL's, but they do sound like parking/side lights. These should illuminate with a single rotation of the headlight stalk.

IF that does not help, it might be worth taking a picture and marking out what you are referring to.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

I got curious, as you mentioned 'Sedan' - not a common term in the UK or EU (in general), and the European Pulsar's C13 platform which this site relates to are all hatchback's….. You also mention ST, again not a model I am aware of.

Doing some digging, are you from Australia by any chance? If so, whilst Nissan used the Pulsar name, its actually a completely different car and based on a different platform, I believe based on the Sylphy B17 platform (for the sedan, according to Wikipedia!)

If that's the case, then the guidance above may not be accurate!
Saiftyoff

Post by Saiftyoff »

Yeah, i am from Australia, and the picture shows what lights im talking about.

Screenshot_20191208-080140_Samsung Internet.jpg

gezt

Post by gezt »

Thats not a uk or European pulsar. Those lights would bo on top of headlights.
Saiftyoff

Post by Saiftyoff »

But i dont have a switch for them.