Ca I change the battery by myself?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Nightfly

Post by Nightfly »

Hello,
I own a 2014 and I suspect that the battery needs to be changed. It is marked with 300614. Is this a job one can do yourself or is it best to leave it to the dealer.
Im a bit worried that there will be problems with the electrical equipment afterwards :roll:

Happy new Year
/Nightfly

jacperry

Post by jacperry »

HI , My battery gave up a few weeks ago ( Pulsar 2016 1.2 Stop Start), I got a new one from Halfords(€189.00 Halfords 096AGM) and installed it myself, just a socket set required.

Follow you tube procedures for changing car battery's (disconnect Neg- first and reconnect last....)

Advised by Halfords that the vehicle stop start system might need to be reset by main dealer. I took the chance and there was no problems with electrical equipment afterwards, just a few resets on the on-board computer/display.

Time taken was 15mins to complete. Starting and charging fine since.
CLUNK

Post by CLUNK »

Happy New Year!

Just what jacperry said above really - you can easily go and buy a battery from wherever and then go and fit it yourself. But yeah, just wanted to reiterate what was said above and make sure you watch a few YouTube videos on the procedure just to be certain on everything you need to do! It's a daunting task your first time but it's definitely worth learning as you'll be able to do it again if need be in the future. If not then there are websites which will sell you the battery and then offer to fit it also.