Pulsar 1.5 dci long term reliability

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
YannisK89

Post by YannisK89 »

Hello,

my first post in this forum just before pulling the trigger and go with a used Pulsar 1.5 dci 2016 (approx. 60k miles on the clock) model. I intend to keep the car for 7 years (or up to 200k miles), I drive 22k miles annualy 90% of them on motorway. I was wondering if someone has experience with high milage reliability.
It seems that the 1.5dci is quite mature and not many issues should be expected up to 200k miles (fingers crossed). From your experience, what else should be expected to be replaced except from tear and wear items? I consider the DMF and clutch also as tear and wear items that would defeinetely need replacement; also the EGR can be easily cleaned or replaced at a fraction of a cost.

Thank you,
Yannis

gezt

Post by gezt »

As with any diesel regular servicing help prolong the life, oil changes a major part. With either diesel or petrol aircon should be run often, mines on permanent to keep it in tiptop condition, avoid using cold start aerosol sprays , does more harm than good, best keep glow plugs in top shape.
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Got mine (1.5dci 2015) now on 168k km i drive around 30-35k km per year. Just changed the timing belt, water pump on 156k, the most expensive service maintenance ever.
Oil, filter (oil, cabin and fuel), accessories belt, brake pads and disc and glow plugs, i did it by myself. Easy, no problem at all. Oil change every 30k.
Glow plugs needs to be changed around 90k km, one of them died and throw a start/stop malfunctions.
Changed the battery as well, fiamm battery doesn't hold good charge. Bought Varta AGM.
Original disc brake are not the best quality, rust easily and the brake pads wear fast. Changed the front one with brembo disc and pads. Still keeping the rear one, but i think i will change them soon, they start makes noises.

I have never cleaned EGR... i've heard if you drive mostly in city or less than 10km, then you need to cleaned it since engine never reached working temperature.
YannisK89

Post by YannisK89 »

Thank you for your replies. I asked the local Nissan dealer when the timing belt should be replaced and he said at 8trs or 150k kms whatever comes first. Can someone also confirm those limits? I thought it was 5yrs/120k kms instead?
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

On the maintenance book, it's written for 150k km or 5 years. Same as accessory belt and their pulley.