is anyone interested in android auto?

The place to discuss everything else...
psybill

Post by psybill »

Hi guys,
I am not UK resident but I am a potential Pulsar owner, so I hope to be welcome here.
I am looking desperately for official answers about Nissan's android auto support but I can't find any.
Do you think guys that the current infotainment system (Nissan Connect) can be updated to support android auto in the near future or there will be a completely new hardware for that? if the latter, will be possible to fit it on the pulsar dash later?
I have to decide for my new car soon, and I would like to know to include or not Nissan Connect in my order.

thanks
Bill

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

This was the last thing I can find mentioned from Nissan and it was said around July time I think.

“As a constant innovation leader in automotive technology, Nissan Motor Corporation gladly supports the OAA’s efforts to make popular consumer technology accessible to all drivers. We look forward to working with the OAA to integrate Android Auto into Nissan and Infiniti vehicles around the world in the near future,” -Andy Palmer, Chief Planning Officer, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.

I have no idea how easy it would be but I would think existing models would not be compatible unless through some sort of add-on like you mention. I think only one or two manufacturers have anything out so far.
psybill

Post by psybill »

this is a statement hosted in open automotive alliance webpage. All car manufacturers and infotainments systems have made one when android auto announced back in June. unfortunately it doesn't help. maybe it's too early to talk about that.
thanks
http://www.openautoalliance.net/#press
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I think so. The systems for the Pulsar will have been made well in advance of Andriods announcement last year. One to look forward to though.