issan Pulsar Leather Drivers Seat Splitting

The place to discuss everything else...
Nden

Post by Nden »

Hi All

I brought a used 2014 Nissan Pulsar last month 20/05/2019. The drivers leather seat has started to split along a crease in the leather. I have contacted the local dealer as to whether this would be covered under the 6 months warranty which was supplied with the vehicle. They have said no as only mechanical failure is covered.
I have emailed the supplying dealer, as follows "I am emailing you reference the Nissan Pulsar reg **** ***, which I purchased from you last month 20/05/2019. The front driver’s seat is starting to split, please see attached digital photographs. It seems to be splitting on a crease. It has not been caught or ripped by anything, as you can see by the attached images. I have been to my local Seat dealer, who has informed me that this will not be covered by the 6 months warranty cover I have. Obviously I am disappointed as having spent over £10.000.00 on the vehicle & having such low mileage, I would not have expected the seat to start splitting after just 1 months use.
The reason for this email is to ask if your dealership will cover the costs of having the seat repaired.
I look forward to your reply"

They have replied with " My first suggestion would be to have the seat inspected by a Nissan dealer to enquire if there would be some form of goodwill because of the low mileage".

I am unsure as to how to proceed, as I think my contract is with the dealer I purchased the car from, not Nissan.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Mine hasn't split but I have noticed a couple of areas where the surface finish has come away with consequent rough patches in the leather. Only spotted a couple of weeks ago and still under warranty. I will be speaking to my dealership about it as there are other problems with the seat too.