audio system shuts down

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Last couple of days the whole audio/map system has been stopping (radio stops, aux in stops, map freezes) and now the whole system just switches off for no reason then switches back on.
I cannot listen to any radio station or aux in music for more than 20 seconds without it stopping or shutting down.
I now just leave the radio switched off so the map is showing but that dosen't stop the system shutting down then powering back on.
Will book in to dealer.

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

car was in dealer's this morning, they done a software update and so far so good.
See how it goes , customer service was excellent, they even gave the car a wash which it needed.
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Mine rebooted itself mid journey at the weekend and then took bout 5 mins to sort itself out. The sat nav had me zipping directly across country between Manchester and Newcastle at a seriously impressive speed approaching mach 3 I think, before actually picking up the correct location and speed. I'll monitor this incase it happens again
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Rivendell63 wrote:Mine rebooted itself mid journey at the weekend and then took bout 5 mins to sort itself out. The sat nav had me zipping directly across country between Manchester and Newcastle at a seriously impressive speed approaching mach 3 I think, before actually picking up the correct location and speed. I'll monitor this incase it happens again
I used to work at my local nissan dealership and we had this happen on a daily basis on our demo's, was bloody embarrassing when the customer points out that it is going at the speed of light and then says "why has it just rebooted"
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Did you get the issue resolved at all ? Its only happened once in the 3+ months I've had the car but would rather have t sorted if at all possible. Can't quite justify splashing out on a replacement type unit its being considered
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Rivendell63 wrote:Did you get the issue resolved at all ? Its only happened once in the 3+ months I've had the car but would rather have t sorted if at all possible. Can't quite justify splashing out on a replacement type unit its being considered
From what I can remember we did the software update on them all and they all stopped doing it.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

The software update has resolved the issues I had so maybe thats the route you should go down, I presume the car is still under warranty so there should be no issues getting your local dealer to do this.
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Thanks guys ... appreciate to support. I'll try n give them a call on Monday